I Just got a new 8qt Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker

Gator

VIP Member
I Just got a new 8qt Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and did the water seal test ...everything is in working order. I paid $109 (new) for the device, so watch for price changes.

If you decide to get one, here are a few videos that demonstrate how it works and functions.

Basic setup and test when you get your new pot

A more in-depth instruction on the operation and feature set of the cooking device

Last edited:

NetRngr

VIP Member
I have one and by god those things are the greatest invention ever created. I cook a full 2 lb pot roast with veggies in a half an hour and the meat falls apart with a fork. Haven't tried it yet but a buddy makes the best pulled pork BBQ I have ever tasted in his. You will love that thing. My only negative is the cleanup since the pot can't be immersed it takes a while to clean it but well worth it.
**Edit**
One quick tip. when you first put the sealing ring in it can be difficult. Treat it like any standard O ring. You dont want to roughly stretch it. Take a very small amount of petroleum jelly like Vaseline, just enough to make your fingers slick, and go around the edges of the seal before you put it in. It will make it pop right in with minimal stretching. (y) If using Vaseline weirds you out cooking oil can be used as well but Vaseline doesn't bother me cause its food grade and I use it as a lip balm when going out in really cold dry environments.

Last edited:

Gator

VIP Member
If using Vaseline weirds you out cooking oil can be used as well but Vaseline doesn't bother me cause its food grade and I use it as a lip balm when going out in really cold dry environments.

I will take your advisement. I did the initial seal test with water, and then pulled the ring off to dry it. During the 5 minute test, it was very quiet and worked like a champ. I am excited to cook my first stew. 🍲

Top Bottom