Battlefield V Closed Alpha

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
I was WRONG!

Can I Capture Video and/or Stream Gameplay from the Closed Alpha?
Yes. Players are free to share footage of their Closed Alpha sessions, and there are no non-disclosure agreements in place. We look forward to your videos and constructive feedback.

Woooo Recordings.

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
Did a little playing around this morning. It's click to play and no server browser at all. Friends have to join on each other.

I really hope that is just for the alpha build and not a feature.

Game play felt natural. I got 3 kills and died once. I will play some more tonight.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
Yeah this is a VERY limited build. The link Gator has in his post has whats enabled for testing

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
Ok initial thoughts...
I know Axle had some issues with the game running and working properly. That said, I really didn't have any issues myself. Game play was relatively smooth and I saw minimal bugs. Being an alpha I don't expect a lot but was surprised how well the game played. Time to kill is stupidly low which is great. It almost felt like hardcore. Definitely felt like Classic Mode. Sniping is pretty much spot on with BF4 feel wise. and I did get a headshot from behind the yellow building on the hill to point D. Said it was 275 meters but definitely seems farther.
Classes play similar to BF1 but you can see the BF4 influence in them. Didn't get a chance to build anything however. I really dig the scarcity and the limited regen mechanics from the Ammo 2.0 stuff but I'm sure I am in the minority.
All in all it was fun but I'm still on the fence. This is a very limited release and we haven't had any clue , as was the case with BF1, about servers or lack thereof. Its different enough from BF1 that I'm still intrigues but we shall see.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
Currently the lack of Servers is what is Pissing me off!
Maybe I've Gotten lucky or it's because I went in and selected my server in the browser but I have had minimal wait times to get on a server. But yeah they should spin up a few more VMs. I also like how the server distribution is way heavy on the european side literally like 4:1 when compared to the number of NA servers or it was when I got on Sat morning.

sharp65

TAC Moderator
They're going all out on the marketing with this alpha. They're paying a lot of big streamers to play it.

Okay, so initially I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not because it looked, and felt, a lot like BF1! Now, after 10+ hours of Alpha play, I have to say that is a lot better than BF1. After more play time , and tweaks, and feedback from the community, I am sure they can have my MONEY! Something new to play (y) (y)

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
Ali "SOON" Hassoon is running this show from DICE. If there is a way for them to fu*k it up, Ali will find a way with with his new and improved player experience.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
OH DAMN. They put him back on it? For the longest time his name was nowhere to be found. I had a glimmer of hope .. till today. Gee Axle way to shit on my parade man.

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
Until they come out with info on rental servers, I just don't have any hope. Sure the alpha was fun to play. BF1 alpha and beta was fun to play. Then they released the game and we all know the history there.

With Ali Hasson running the show, I just have to assume we are all fucked!

Gator

TAC Founder
The alpha is coming back on the 14th!
Those who were in the first Alpha will be invited back. All you have to do is reinstall when it becomes available. They will be sending out more invites, so lets see what happens. :alien:

Top Bottom