EA to offer "Origin Access Premier" game service

Gator

TAC Founder
EA will soon be offering a new version of their "Origin Access" service ( a service where you can download and play a select library of previously released games). The new service will be called "Origin Access Premier," which will also include their upcoming triple A tiles such as FIFA 19, Battlefield V, Madden 19, Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition, to name a few. It will cost $14.99 a month, or save money with their annual plan for $99.99 for one year access ($8.33 a month).

Read more about it here...

Credit: Electronic Arts

Attachments

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
Humm depends on what games are out at what times. For instance, I am curious about Anthem but can't see myself dropping a full game price on it just to check it out. I'm hopeful about BFV and there are several games I've been meaning to try but it would need to be a perfect storm of everything coming together to make it worth the monthly charge. Besides I have limited time to play games and when I do I've been drawn back to Rocksmith / RS Remastered simply because I love music and playing instruments. If they dont hose us really hard with BFV even that may suffer. I'm a sad puppy but in a good way.

Gator

TAC Founder
Axlerod and I were discussing the new Origin Access Premier service last night. I suggested to him that he could just pay for one month ($14.99) and play Battlefield V (and other games) for the 30 days, and if he liked the game enough, he could either purchase BF-V at a 10% discount (Origin Access discount), or pay the $99.99 to have access to all the new and old games for the year. It's at least something to think about. It's nice to have options. I would have to weigh the benefits of having access to the other games to determine if the subscription service is worth it. I kind kind of would like to try some of the other games because they look interesting, but who knows. If I do decide to try it though, I will wait until just before the game is released when early access to BF-V is available.

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
Again with no 3rd party servers, I will wait until a month after game release to test the waters. If it is like BF1 with no alliance participation, then I probably wont do anything.

Gator

TAC Founder
I think I am going to try this for a year. It's $99.99 for the year ($8.33 a month), and if I get tired of Battlefield V, I will have other games to play. :)

Top Bottom