EA will stop selling FIFA’s in-game currency in Belgium because of a ban on loot boxes

NetRngr

TAC Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this issue would simply go away if the game companies would switch to the model Fortnite and GR:W used. Set up a store and have either all skins available or a rotating selection of skins and allow people to purchase what they like. No RNG, No duplicates, No Pay to win. Offer skins for weapons characters etc and let it roll. I mean come on, these are FPS games and sports games. If you allow people to buy players that have enhanced stats that's pay to win and you should feel bad about even putting that in a competitive game and the same with weapons. The only way you could even justify that is if they were fairly easy to acquire in game with a little bit of a grind abut not a lot.

Axlerod

TAC Member
Administrator
Reaction score
What!? Are you nuts? Actually let a customer buy what they want? Who does silly things like that?
Come on, How will EA make money of their crappy games if they do that? Hell, EA won't even try and make a game these days with content that players want and you want to change the idea of having EA sell things players want.

EA needs money. They need you want want that skin that does nothing to enhance your performance and buy that loot crate. When you don't get what you want, they want you to buy another one and so on.
With your model, EA will never make a billion dollars off of their games.

NetRngr

TAC Member
Reaction score
Well judging by Fortnite they will make close to a billion hahaha. Last year Fortnite earned 318 million in store sales from Feb to May it has petered off a tad but they are at if not close to a billion. That and their game gets constant content patches and bugs are fixed super fast. I guess if you build a decent game and fix issues that arise quickly you can sell skins pretty well on a free game. Whodda thunk it.

Axlerod

TAC Member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well apparently soccer fans are a different market. I guess they are just pissed because they had to pay $60 bucks for a game where as the Fortnite players had $60 to spend since the game was free.

Top Bottom