EA's open-world 'Star Wars' game is no more

Axlerod

TAC Member
Administrator

The game started life under 'Dead Space' studio Visceral Games.

For those still hankering for more galactic action, it seems EA is working on a "smaller scale" Star Wars project due in late 2020, according to Kotaku. And Titanfall studio Respawn is also planning to release Jedi: Fallen Orderin the fall.

Axlerod

TAC Member
Administrator
Nice article about the history of this game back when Lucas Arts made games. The original title was 1313 and there was a lot of talk about it.

RogueSteward

TAC Member
That game probably would have been too hard for them to make! Why make an immersive, deep, expansive universe when they can make a quick buck with a crap game

NetRngr

TAC Member
Well the game would need to be an MMO to make it worthwhile and the only worthwhile Star Wars MMO was Galaxies BEFORE they changed the entire interface to the EQ 2 POS interface. I loved Galaxies and was crushed when they did the swap to the screwed up interface and game play.

RogueSteward

TAC Member
Well the game would need to be an MMO to make it worthwhile and the only worthwhile Star Wars MMO was Galaxies BEFORE they changed the entire interface to the EQ 2 POS interface. I loved Galaxies and was crushed when they did the swap to the screwed up interface and game play.
You're kidding me man, I friggen LOVED Galaxies, I swear it was one of the BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME before it was ruined by the devs. I know a subscription based game will work if it is done right, like Galaxies used to be. Galaxies wasn't pay to win either, you either had some skill or you didn't. Of course, finding the best items wasn't very easy.

RogueSteward

TAC Member
I just want to say another thing about Galaxies since you brought it up and I'm getting all nostalgic and sad. I think a game like that would be almost perfect for this clan right now and I bet Gator and Axle would love it. This game can be casual, can be slow if you want, but if there is action going on, it can also be VERY intense. I remember living in a player city in Lok, and about a ten minute drive by Speeder, there was another player city who was our mortal enemy. It was constant battles because we were at war. We would log in to find our city in ruins and find out some story about how they raided our city earlier in the day. So we would of course plan revenge, get everybody we could and just kick their ass whenever we got a chance. They would definitely bloody our nose though and some battles could have went either way. What really sucked is when you were trapped in a cloner and they wouldn't let you leave, and you HAD TO GET your clan there to get you out or risk having your items destroyed and damaged forever. I could go on and on... Would love to play a similar game like this with TAC

Axlerod

TAC Member
Administrator
So would all of us. They just don't make a game to support what we all want anymore.

NetRngr

TAC Member
You're kidding me man, I friggen LOVED Galaxies, I swear it was one of the BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME before it was ruined by the devs. I know a subscription based game will work if it is done right, like Galaxies used to be. Galaxies wasn't pay to win either, you either had some skill or you didn't. Of course, finding the best items wasn't very easy.
Exactly PUBG faces this same problem but are remedying the situation. Developers should really listen to the player base and when they tell them something will kill the game shout put in extra evaluation on changes that will drastically change the game for the worse. From launch until that changed Galaxies was the only game I played. I made it about a week after the change before canceling my sub.

NetRngr

TAC Member
I kind of lost track of it but there was development on a private SWG server for a while.

Apparently its still a thing

Top Bottom