Elite Dangerous? Maybe?

TomC

TAC Member
Ive been playing this one for a while and enjoy it. Its a bit grindy but still fun to work up to bigger ships and tweak them out for bounty hunting or exploration.

Oakenshief is my in game name

TomC

TAC Member
here's a quick tutorial on wings in ED. This should help you group up. Currently, you can be in a wing with 3 others for a total of 4. I think they are working on larger squadrons in the upcoming patches.

Well I had a pretty fun time in Elite Dangerous this weekend. Thanks to TomC and Gator, they got me up and going pretty good. I'm still flying a little piece of crap ship but I have enough credits now to get a nice ship. The flying in this game is pretty amazing and definitely feels like a simulation game now. I'm still doing the training missions and just getting better at the flight systems. Overall, I'm happy I got it.

TomC

TAC Member
Well I had a pretty fun time in Elite Dangerous this weekend. Thanks to TomC and Gator, they got me up and going pretty good. I'm still flying a little piece of crap ship but I have enough credits now to get a nice ship. The flying in this game is pretty amazing and definitely feels like a simulation game now. I'm still doing the training missions and just getting better at the flight systems. Overall, I'm happy I got it.

I think its a pretty underrated game and when you get it for 20 bucks on sale its a win. There's a lot of stuff that I'm still learning but I'm glad I got to help you get some starting creds to fly something better. Its good to learn how multi-crew works. We'll have to see if it works the same in the conda and if you can jump in one of the small fighters. Ive flown them and they are a blast.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
Question guys:
What is the support for flight sticks like? I have the Thrustmaster HOTAS X that I got for BF1 but could never get to work correctly but works well with Warthunder. Would love to actually get it to work with this. Anyone else using a flight controller? Have actually considered grabbing the foot pedals for it as well.

OP
Gator

Gator

TAC Founder
TomC found a .bind file someone someone made for the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, so I am sure there is one for that joystick somewhere. If not, you can easily map them. A little extra work, but no biggy.

TomC

TAC Member
Question guys:
What is the support for flight sticks like? I have the Thrustmaster HOTAS X that I got for BF1 but could never get to work correctly but works well with Warthunder. Would love to actually get it to work with this. Anyone else using a flight controller? Have actually considered grabbing the foot pedals for it as well.
I have a saitek X56 There are lots of profiles, I'll look around for one for ya. Its a blast to fly with a HOTAS getting to actually throttle up and hit the boost button is a HOOT!

TomC

TAC Member
Question guys:

You asked for binds heres a link to a list of binds along with ref cards for them. there are several different ones so find one that suits you and customise it if need be.

bind list

Top Bottom