FA Forums...what is up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpShooterMatt

Community Member
Try going to the forums or firearmsmod.com now.

The people controlling the old forums and server were doing so illegally and VBB is very harsh on piracy.

Honestly now boys, what did you really expect to accomplish? We do not negotiate with idiots.

Nice try though.

--Love, Lucky .

sgossard34

Community Member
Well let me start off by saying the all the "children" comments is exactly what i expect from alex and many of you. Nothing was done to attack shut down or destroy anything.

Simple facts. Recon gamer has decided to remove all access to the old FA team. They will no longer be hosting anything for them. Legally the only thing that is owned by ben is the domain name firearmsmod.com and the vbb license which have since been moved. We wish the move could have been smoother but some factors conflicted with this and led to the mess now. Recon gamer has turned over all ftp access to the Firearms source team which will use the site for FA source.

you will be reading alot of crap written and many lies told about this whole situation. The above is the facts and I hope you all can support FA source in the future. Please enjoy the rest of FA on the HL 1 engine. If anyone has any comments or questions you are more than welcome to contact me on IRC on the gamesnet server channel #clansad.

ty for your time.

G

TAC Member
(Inactive)
i didnt know you were admin for the site goss? if not why are you even involved?
i still trying to peice things together for its early and im tired and not getting this
-G

Scraps

Community Member
sgossard34 said:
Well let me start off by saying the all the "children" comments is exactly what i expect from alex and many of you. Nothing was done to attack shut down or destroy anything.

Simple facts. Recon gamer has decided to remove all access to the old FA team. They will no longer be hosting anything for them. Legally the only thing that is owned by ben is the domain name firearmsmod.com and the vbb license which have since been moved. We wish the move could have been smoother but some factors conflicted with this and led to the mess now. Recon gamer has turned over all ftp access to the Firearms source team which will use the site for FA source.

you will be reading alot of crap written and many lies told about this whole situation. The above is the facts and I hope you all can support FA source in the future. Please enjoy the rest of FA on the HL 1 engine. If anyone has any comments or questions you are more than welcome to contact me on IRC on the gamesnet server channel #clansad.

ty for your time.
Thank you for the crop of bull****, I hope you can come to terms with the truth. The mod needs to die, just let it die.

G said:
i didnt know you were admin for the site goss? if not why are you even involved?

i still trying to peice things together for its early and im tired and not getting this

-G
Truth is him and his buddies staged a little coup de tat to take over the forums.

Maddog613

Community Member
U all should see what Alex wrote last night

Alex said:
I'll try to keep this simple, since I *should* be in bed, as I have work in a few hours.

JonJon, Sgoss, Snap, and possibly a few other people took over the FA forums and maybe the FTP as well. Most of us are still trying to reconstruct how they gained access, who helped them, and who (if anyone) they duped. Basically, they banned everyone on the FA team, all the admins, and most of the mods from the forums. This, combined with Recongamer having disabled my FTP access some weeks prior, means that we're a tad impotent at the moment.

Despite the fact that I am nowhere near as enraged as I was when I first found out, I am still quite pissed. And, we will not take this lying down.

First off!

A) JonJon, Sgoss, Snap, and their buddies are, well, abysmally immature to think that a freelance mod deserved this kind of action.

:lol: I'd also like to add that they're REALLY ****ING STUPID if they think they can get away with it, because...

C) We're not idiots. We can contact Ben at need. And Recongamer. And Valve, for that matter.

I'm not quite sure what they think they're getting away with here, but it's bound to fail. More than my anger, I feel a great sense of weariness and surprise that people can act this childish. Even if by some miracle they manage to retain control, or some minute iota of it on some midbegotten web forum somewhere... they're still children.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna go to sleep. I've got work all day tomorrow. After that, I'll deal with this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.