New TeamSpeak Server is Online - Please Migrate

Gator

TAC Member
Administrator
I see why our previous host, Multiplay, stopped with the petty game and voice server rental. :) They now provide servers for Titan Fall 2, PUBG, and Insurgency: Sandstorm, among other larger services.

NetRngr

TAC Member
Well here's the thing. Discord is the defacto choice of streamers due to plugin access and how it ties in with Twitch. Like it or not the games we like to play are heavily influenced by streamers and the player base going to use whichever platform they are using. While TS is superior in the audio quality arena they have been the go to VOIP app for so long they have acquired the "fat cat" syndrome and haven't been innovating like the newer players in the market have and now they find themselves behind the 8 ball.

NetRngr

TAC Member
Oh I see I guarantee this has something to do with it:
Betcha money Discord has a clause in the contract that if you wanna use us TS has to go. I'd be really surprised if they dont.

Gator

TAC Member
Administrator
While TS is superior in the audio quality arena they have been the go to VOIP app for so long they have acquired the "fat cat" syndrome and haven't been innovating like the newer players in the market have and now they find themselves behind the 8 ball.

RabidRebel

TAC Member
Still no real word on TS5 after 6 months with the Q4 deadline blown. Just a snippet from a supposed forum manager on the official website in response to a now 20 page community complaint thread on TS5 with active replies from the community as of today. The current speculation was the announcement in June 2018 was when planning began and release is likely still months (years?) away.

I would really like to report good news on this front, as I was sincerely excited back in June, but it's looking grim short of a mega/surprise announcement soon.

If anyone sees/hears anything recent on TS5, please share with us.

Gator

TAC Member
Administrator
@RabidRebel I'm sure it is not too far off. They are making sure it is ready when it is ready. ?

RabidRebel

TAC Member
I agree they will release it when it is ready, but going nearly completely silent for 6 months isn't helping them at all. We hardly know what we are waiting to get other than a known re-skin for the client. I'm more concerned about the platform losing even more relevance with gamers. It's more raising a warning flag that something doesn't seem right with the development strategy. It may be fine, but usually radio silence in game development world means not good things for seeing a finished product. We are seeing this right now with Ready or Not which promised to be a solid tactical SWAT-style shooter many of us were drooling over. I'm hoping my fears turn into elation in Q1 2019, but much further with no news may be bad times ahead for TS.

Just something for us to keep an eye on.

Top Bottom