PUBG CRASH ON START

kennwoodd

TAC Member
anyone have this issue? start pubg, i reach character creation and crashes. uninstalled/reinstalled/verified files. how do i fix? or do i refund?

AngryOIFVeteran

TAC Member
Before my motherboard died, there were a lot of crashes a lot of crashes. I even had to uninstall, reinstall and then verify the files. They did something in the last patch that caused a lot of instability issues. It wasn't just me, it was other people too. What hardware are you running, that too might cause some headaches. It seemed to be the people running the 3rd and 4th gen i7's.

kennwoodd

TAC Member
Before my motherboard died, there were a lot of crashes a lot of crashes. I even had to uninstall, reinstall and then verify the files. They did something in the last patch that caused a lot of instability issues. It wasn't just me, it was other people too. What hardware are you running, that too might cause some headaches. It seemed to be the people running the 3rd and 4th gen i7's.
i built this built like 4 weeks or so ago havent had a single issue until i decided i wanted to play pubg again(switched from console to PC)
asus z390e mobo
geforce 2080
1000w psu
intel i7 9700k
32gb ram 3200 hz
aio water cooler for processor
1tb ssd and 250 gb nvme

AngryOIFVeteran

TAC Member
It wasn't like that. I would be in game, and at the most inopportune time it would crash. Some people it would crash and wouldn't even get them past the lobby. You might have tried this step already, but have you checked your drivers? When my new setup arrives (hurry up UPS) I hope I don't run into this problem. Keep us posted, hopefully we can figure this out.

kennwoodd

TAC Member
It wasn't like that. I would be in game, and at the most inopportune time it would crash. Some people it would crash and wouldn't even get them past the lobby. You might have tried this step already, but have you checked your drivers? When my new setup arrives (hurry up UPS) I hope I don't run into this problem. Keep us posted, hopefully we can figure this out.
yes i actually did have a driver update for my gpu but that didnt fix it either. ive uninstalled/reinstalled a few times. im kind of over it at this point. i paid for a game that isnt even playable.

kennwoodd

TAC Member
anyone have this issue? start pubg, i reach character creation and crashes. uninstalled/reinstalled/verified files. how do i fix? or do i refund?
UPDATE

do not run MSI afterburner. pubg thinks its a cheat of some kind id assume it will crash

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
FYI, Take this with a grain of salt, several top tier streamers have reported that there is an issue within PUBG that if you know how you can crash a players client basically disconnecting them and getting the opportunity to get the free kill. I'll see if I can find a report on the exploit.

Top Bottom