So you will probably be seeing more of me in games.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
I want to preface this by saying it was a really difficult choice to make but something I had to do. As some of you know my wife has been having a rough go at daily life and neither of my parents are in especially good health either come to think of it My brother in law and I are the only ones not on disability due to illness which was one of the main reasons I gave up smoking and have dropped 125 lbs so far. Forget the fact I feel strong as an ox and food tastes amazing now my overall health has improved a LOT.
Well on to the point, I am no longer in the band full time. I had a sit down with the fellows yesterday and told them that with my responsibilities to family and work that I would no longer be able to commit to being there 100%. We had already merged with another local band and the bass player is pretty damned good so instead of two bassists they have one but we are all good with the outcome. I will continue to practice with them and may play shows with them depending on the situation or if they need an emergency fill in and I am available. I really enjoyed the opportunity to play with these guys as they are all amazing musicians and as the youngest of them and with only a couple of years exp playing the bass was honored to be asked to join. It really made me feel all the time spent practicing was well worth it. I will continue to practice and increase my proficiency but it just won't be at the level I was.
I may also look to playing with other folks as well as, while it has expanded my range hugely, they are not really playing "my music". I'm an old 80's metalhead and that's what I learned to play to start with. You want me to play Def Leppard, Dokken, Van Halen, etc I can step in and play pretty much any popular tune they had in a few passes to get the timing / key the band is playing in. All this bluesy stuff is kinda new to me. Hahaha Well Cinderella and Great White are Bluesy but you get my drift.
So anyway look to see one more idiot in channel more often. Maybe I can get my KDR back where it needs to be hahahah.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
Yeah me too. One of the reasons I took up the bass. I mean it's cool to be able to shred but calling the thunder is where it's at in metal. At some point I wanna make a custom bass carved to look like Mjolnir and call it the God of Thunder haha

Top Bottom