World War 3 Game Released Today

Gator

TAC Founder
There is already great buzz about the new modern warfare title "World War 3". A bunch of the guys have already purchased it, and will be playing the game tonight in TeamSpeak, so come and join them.

If you want to learn more about the game, visit their website https://worldwar3.com. Also, Jack Frags reviewed the game and talked about it extensively. Please realize that he was playing a earlier version of the game, so the game is more than likely improved since his review.

Steam Reviews for World War 3

Attachments

Last edited:

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
Yes I think this will be a great addition to everyone. First WW3 then next month BF5.

Hopefully we can get the gang back together playing with about 20 to 50 of us in a teamspeak server like the good ole BF4 days.

We all will have some serious testing to do.

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
Yes I guess it is steam causing the issues and not the game. They just changed their facebook page with a link to the store so hopefully it will be up soon.

I guess from what I have read, this is pretty typical with launches on steam.

So of course the first day release and it's already a fu*k up, looks like lots of peeps can't connect to a server...just sits there and does nothing.
Another half ass release from a low budget game shop.

OP
Gator

Gator

TAC Founder
Interesting new review from LevelCap

Ranger Dave's impression of the game changed when he finally played the Early Access, and has some good things to say about the game.

Last edited:

Rhino5678

Community Member
I close tested the game and I really like it. They had problems, and still do, but they were fixing things really fast. It sucks that I haven't been able to get into the game since the early release. I hope they get their shit straight soon. The supposed fix did not work. This happened once during the closed test on the NA server. It took them a day to fix it. Do not know if the problem is the same though.

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
It seems major connection issues have occurred since the game went live. One of the main problems on launch day was an endless loading screen. The studio deployed an update which addressed the issue.
The problem was “rooted in the login and authentication servers,” not the actual game servers. The Farm 51 said it is continuing to work on mending connection issues and other problems as they arise, and will release small updates once fixed.
While some Early Access players have been able to get into the game today, others are still experiencing issues. This has kicked off World War 3 (bad pun intended) on the Steam forums, as many are having kittens because the World War 3 early access launch didn’t go smoothly. Cooler heads on the matter have called on others to be patient as The Farm 51 is working almost beyond capacity to fix the problem.

In other words, STEAM is not validating your purchase of the game allowing you to join the servers. Check your global stats in store. It will say you have not purchased the game.

Kurinar

TAC Member
So small update on the status of the game. Just so its noted everything said above still applies. This morning i was able to load in and join a game. Overall exactly what i expected but to highlight some positive and negatives see below:

1. Great gun play - each gun feels unique and your not just throwing it around like its a toy. Want to run that heavy gun, good but don't expect to clear hallways like the guy carrying an SMG the best way i can relate this is weight is a thing. Recoil was also good and each gun performs uniquely allowing you to learn and find the gun best suited for you or the situation. One thing i see lots complaining about but i personally enjoyed is that friendly fire being on. If you just spray and pray that clueless "Bob" to your right is going to run in front of you and then inevitably complain that you shot him. I did not team kill anyone but there were times i hit players and players hit me. This is something that will improve greatly with people on comms and in actual squads.

2. Overall movement - I have very few issues with movement around the map. Cover was plentiful and the character your playing seemed to run and jump without issues. The lean function was great (although i need to see if you can toggle it - default is hold). Going prone seemed a little awkward. I also ran into two bugs related to prone position. The first was i went prone and half fell into the floor and could not get out (had to suicide). While in this position i could not only see enemies running on other levels, but you could also shoot and kill them through the wall/floor. This is obviously a bug but if your getting shot and cant see anyone its likely this bug. The second issue with prone was when spawning on a squad leader that is prone. I did this once and fell through the world.

3. Spawn locations - This one i fully expected and i expect it will be improved. There seemed to be set spawn locations and the logic to not spawn you in those locations right next to an enemy is not there. This was probably my biggest negative in the one match i played. With that said it was easily prevented by just not spawning on the "hot" point. Select one nearby and strategically clear the objective.

danbaron

TAC Moderator
Well I bought it today. Only had to pay $14 on steam :D
I could not get it to load or to join a server yet.
Guess I will be trying that again with the boys tonight.

RabidRebel

TAC Moderator
I got in today as well. Loved the game play but only got to play one full round. The gun play is solid. The movement is good. Lots of nice tradeoff between heavy and light choices for kits. The movement still needs a little bit of fluidity to it, but I was able to kill some guys in between getting nuked by those damn tanks. Not used to avoiding large scale weapon fire after Recon. More patches tonight guys with server maintenance to hopefully fix this.

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
Dan they got a patch out which really helped to get players on around 6 pm tonight. Since it is more of a steam issue, I am sure by Tuesday everyone that wants to play will be able to.

I did get in and it had a BF2 feel with some definite twists. You can tell it is an early access game but it was a lot of fun. I hope we can get some squads on playing. Squad play is always where it is at.

There is a definite need for autobalance. I got in 1 round and it was partially filled server and it was 1 to 3 ratio. I was on the lesser side. So far I have found nothing really over powered yet. Gator will love the mortar drop. LOL You will take out a whole squad at a flag with it. Loads of fun.

RabidRebel

TAC Moderator
After playing more than one round tonight, I really liked the game. There was a solid ebb ans flow going on the Warsaw map. No parts of the maps felt the same and all had open environments, building warfare, and creative nooks and crannies. Some spaces felt a little too open, but as Axlerod mentioned, those can be overcome with some heavy support.

The gun play is just fun. The guns handle well with solid mechanics. Pistols are lethal as are shotguns. You can create any mashup of guns in a character you want (with some weight issues). This bolts onto an interesting system that let's you create the character you want/need without classes. Want to be a medic? Carry a medbag to throw down in the field but still carry nades and a LMG if you want. It's fluid and fun.

Definitely needs some balancing along with getting all of the network issues resolved. Personal and vehicle movement need to feel more real. Flying the drones in this game are tough. The armor plates are frustrating at times.

I can't wait to have the connectivity issues resolved so we can get onto meaningful updates over the next year.

Top Bottom