Couple Builds Shipping Container Home with no Experience

Gator

VIP Member

NetRngr

VIP Member
Yeah I posted on there asking, and if you haven't ever done it before you really wouldn't think about it, but the inside and outside corners should have metal drywall beads / reinforcement strips put on before the mudding and taping. they keep the corners from being damaged and eliminates the need to pack mud in the big corner cracks which will crack with expansion/contraction. I dig they are learning and doing everything on their own but sometimes I want to scream at the monitor haha. That tape on the inside corners alone ain't gonna hold up long which is why you install the metal strips but hey, if it works for them meh.
Watching this series is great and makes me thankful I had a grandpa that taught me all the tricks of construction, electronics, auto repair and body work etc. Pretty much the only thing I dont do is HVAC work because I dont have the specialized tools you need. Everything else home or auto related I do around the house. It has saved me a metric ton of cash at this point in my life. To anyone that has the opportunity hang out with old guys who can do all this stuff and learn all you can. It pays off in the end.

Gator

VIP Member

Gator

VIP Member

NetRngr

VIP Member
Missed this for a couple of days, but next episode is posted:

Gator

VIP Member
I do not like snakes ...one of my biggest fears. ?

NetRngr

VIP Member
Sneks are your friends. I see a good many of em having a pond in my back yard but rarely dispatch any of em unless they are posing a threat. I mean even the poisonous ones usually get a pass unless they have endangered the dog or have really gotten too close. I killed a mating pair of copperheads 2 years ago and within weeks the squirrel population in my yard exploded. If I could get them to go after the ground moles that continually kill of my gardens it may be worth keeping a mated pair even hahaha.
Rats and mice are not a thing for the most part at my house. If you see one in the garage or see signs that is one crafty mouse/rat. The non poisonous ones get an invite to areas that may be of concern. Its kinda like taking them to a buffet.

DingChavez

IT Help Desk
VIP Member
Interesting shows you can make anything if you put your mind to it. There is this guy here in NY that built his business out of shipping containers.

Gator

VIP Member

Gator

VIP Member

Gator

VIP Member

NetRngr

VIP Member
Starting to make good progress now. Two kids and the house still isn't done. I would be on the most wanted list by now cause someone would have died at this point lol.

Gator

VIP Member

NetRngr

VIP Member
Interesting shows you can make anything if you put your mind to it. There is this guy here in NY that built his business out of shipping containers.

I was watching that and holy hell that thing has got to be a bear to heat and cool. all that steel jebus.

Gator

VIP Member
I was watching that and holy hell that thing has got to be a bear to heat and cool. all that steel jebus.
Well, in one of the episodes, they had all the walls sprayed with foam insulation, so maybe that keeps the heat out. :alien:

NetRngr

VIP Member
Yeah... well maybe haha. I know that thing would become an oven down here in the south but it being in what appears to be a semi mountainous area it may not get nearly as hot. Wonder what he's gonna do as a roof covering? Me, I would sand blast the whole roof, prime it with the brown iron oxide primer, and spray the whole roof with 2-3 coats of Rhino Linings bed liner. It would probably take a bullet and not crack hahah.

Gator

VIP Member

Gator

VIP Member

Gator

VIP Member

Top Bottom