Babylon 5 Remastered on HBO Max (Season 1-5 Examples)

Gator

VIP Member
I'm a huge science fiction guy, but I have never seen a full episode of Babylon 5 until last night on HBO Max I viewed S1 E1. Looking for to all 5 seasons. I picked a good time to watch them with the enhanced versions.

NetRngr

VIP Member
B5 is Awesome. If you started with S1E1 then hold on because it starts out a little slow like all epochs and ramps up. This is in my top 5 all time favorite Sci Fi Series. Enjoy it bro cause I may now have to get HBOMAX ... bastards.
The visuals on this were way beyond their time when it was actively filming. Hope they still hold up under high res. Also you will see a lot of similarities to ST:DS9 because Paramount ripped off Straczynski. Yeah both sides say that they didn't but he pitched the idea to them years before DS9 was even thought about so make of it what you will but I suspect large amounts of cash were passed around under the table. The shows and studios seemed to have a good working relationship with each other so apparently it was all good and we ended up with two awesome shows 3 and 4 in my list of most awesome Sci Fi shows.
Also see if you can find the movies and watch them in order with the series. FYI there was a movie preceding the series called The Gathering. Also just saw that the remastered versions are also on Itunes and Amazon Prime as well or at least they were. Hope they still are. Can't wait to watch them again. I have the original release DVD set but with the progression of technology they no longer work in any players I have due to the mastering issues they had with these. Thanks for the heads up Larry.

Last edited:

Gator

VIP Member
Well, I'm 3 episodes in and it has satisfied my inner sci-fi so far. I am amazed at the quality of the video, and the storytelling seems decent. It really does look fantastic for an older show with vibrant and natural-looking colors. It's also nice that I never saw the originals during their air date, so it's like a brand new series to me. hehe :alien:

Last edited:

Gator

VIP Member
This video comparison better visualizes what the new remasters look like. On my TV, they look even better.

NetRngr

VIP Member
From my understanding all the graphics work was done on a Commodore Amiga which was top of the line for graphics work at the time. Now my phone has as much if not more power but in the day that was kicking ass. I miss the simple days sometimes hahaha. I do like how they sharpened it and bought out the colors and lighting more. Very nice job!

NetRngr

VIP Member
FLOUNDER!

1612357386974.png

Top Bottom