So, at work I'm doing a thing...

NetRngr

VIP Member
This week we are installing eSports classrooms in three of the area schools. Pretty cool setups featuring the Lenovo Legion gaming rigs. I am also setting up the audio, for the system cause well it's my thing. The audio comes out of the Commentator / Streaming PC via the HDMI feed over to a half rack that houses a 2 channel JBL commercial amp and a Furman line conditioner to snip out any interference (hum) you might get from lights etc.
In the rack the HDMI hits a KanexPro Audio decoupler module and is routed to the amp and split to the left and right channels and then continues to a Kramer HDMI splitter via a fiber optic HDMI cable. From there it passes to two 75 inch Samsung observer screens for audience viewing. Since this is a smaller room there are only 4 ceiling mount JBL powered speakers that sit in the drop ceiling in place of the 2x2 tiles.
Tested it out via a Bluetooth connection from my phone to the amp and streamed some Foo Fighters out to adjust the bass and treble levels and I gotta say it sounds pretty damned good.
Of course they are using OBS over the network to capture and pump out the video of the matches since it's free and allows you to set up views for each PC stream as well as team views and save all of it to storage or pump it directly to Twitch.
Once everything is in place I will take some pics and post them. There is a lot more involved in this stuff that meets the eye and kinda makes me want to go ahead and set up all my stuff in order to capture my audio and video in the studio area where I play and start posting some of it to YouTube. Maybe I will do this once I get these damned kidney stones worked out. Who knows.

Gator

VIP Member
Are those at local area high schools? That is very cool, because you know the kids are going to love it. I grew up and went to school in the days where metal and wood shop was the highlight of day. I would like to see some pics when you get them, and I wish you luck on getting rid of those pesky the kidney stones.

NetRngr

VIP Member
Yep, most of the high schools around here are getting into eSports these days. Kinda makes me wish I wasn't quite so old. Of course when i was in high school the pinnacle of gaming PCs was the Apple 2 C hahaha. Metal and wood shop were awesome man.
I think the stones are working their way out now after I've been using apple cider vinegar to try and dissolve them. The bad thing is that since I have been in pain from them its caused me to sit and sleep in new and weird ways and my lower back and hip joints are now jacked up and sore. Nothing that is major but damn it sucks getting old.

NetRngr

VIP Member
Almost finished with the wiring on one school. Wired up all the audio and got it configured and tested with the bluetooth on my phone. Just need to finish the video wiring and test it all out and take some pics. I wish they had all this stuff going on when I was a kid.

NetRngr

VIP Member
So we pretty much finished up yesterday. Got the audio working from the commentator's station and completed the setup on the Legion Gaming Stations. Got the video feed over to the two 65" TVs in the spectators area. Now this isn't a competition arena like you would see for a big tournament but a classroom in a high school where they basically train the team for eSports events in a bigger arena. We are currently putting together a package for the school districts to build out an actual arena so they can host eSports events between schools which will be a lot more involved. Anywho here are some pics. im pretty proud of this room and we still have two more schools to do in the coming weeks.
0623221351_HDR.png

0623221351b.png
0623221352.png
0623221352_HDR.png
0623221357.png
0623221356_HDR.png

Gator

VIP Member
What a nice school facility, it really looks fantastic. I wish I was a kid in these times to enjoy such a fun resource. :alien:

NetRngr

VIP Member
I was pretty proud on how it turned out. Sound system, while turned down because there are classrooms to either side of this one, sounds really good with the ceiling mounted JBL speakers. My only criticism is that you can't put a lot of bass in it because they will rattle the ceiling grid on the drop ceiling. I'm thinking about putting in a subwoofer for the next school we do.
I'm also putting together a parts listing for audio recording for the music departments with lots of options such as mixer size, different recording softwares, etc. It would seem just wrong NOT to have something for school music programs.

Top Bottom