Ever just had one of those nights?

NetRngr

VIP Member
So yeah, we had severe thunderstorms with associated tornado here in SC last night. Drove in to it coming home from martini night with the fellahs. Got home and the wife is sitting there with the TV off looking a tad pissed off. I'm like "Oh noooooo!". She tells me that there was a lightning strike near the house and her TV quit working. I check the TV, it powers on so it's fine but the cable box wont power on. I go and check the entertainment center in the family room TV powers on pops up no device. Cable box wont power on, shit! I check the phones and internet both working fine so the cable modem is good to go. I try the home theater receiver it powers on so I switch it to the Firebox can't get it tgo show up so I reboot it and the switch in the cabinet, nothing.
Sooo I'm off to the cable company this AM to replace the cable boxes and hopefully thats all that jacked up but I have a sneaky suspicion that it took out the Pioneer Home Theater receiver and maybe the firebox as well.
PCs are fine as I spent the night playing video games. This whole adult thing sucks, can i go back to say 18 again?
Sitting here this AM waiting for the inevitable HELP! calls.

NetRngr

VIP Member
I would if the wife would let me. Hell I would get rid of the landline if she would let me as well. Alas if momma aint happy aint no damn body happy.
Found out the big screen and the AV receiver are toast as well. I've stopped there not enough to file a homeowners claim so yeah. Oh and the microwave got nuked as well. My mom was like well go get a TV and receiver your birthday is coming up so all should be back to normal soonish.

Top Bottom