Call of Duty Call of Duty Cheaters Will Now Lose Their Weapons

Call of Duty

NetRngr

VIP Member
You know if you read into that article it makes it seem like cheating isn't that prolific even though everyone knows it is and they even say it is. They may want to give the total number of cheaters banned and not just a one day total because saying 250 million people have played a COD match but saying 140 thousand cheaters were removed makes it seem like a very small amount even if that is the number of two ban waves.
If you are going to be stripping players of earned rewards you better be damned sure that you are getting actual cheaters and not someone who is really good at the game. A lot, and I mean a LOT, of streamers get banned from games for simply being really good at it, you know it being their jobs and all, due to reports, numbers that dont look like a normal player, etc. If there is one way to shoot yourself in the foot its to wrongly ban someone who has a following of thousands of players. I would suggest the opposite of the Facebook approach of using algorithms without a 100% human overview.
That said any actions taken against an actual cheater up to and including castration so they dont reproduce is fine by me. I also just love the way Twitter sees an image with a gun in it and censors it so you have to click to see it... SMH.

Gator

VIP Member
With 250 million people players playing COD, the sheer numbers alone would make it impossible to check each and every suspected cheater by a hand. I believe they are aware of "good" players and are not willy-nilly in their approach to removing cheaters. I highly doubt they would typically ban "good" players, but with that said, and if someone is that "good" and slips through the system, I personally don't want them playing on my server. I play shooter games a lot, and I have seen blatant cheating at levels that are not conducive to good gaming. They know that if cheating is rampant and left unabated, it will have financial consequences to their company, and so they must do something to mitigate the cheating at large. In my opinion, they are at least trying to combat the cheating to a point where the average player might get a "fair" game. I have never cheated at gaming, ever ...nor will I ever.

NetRngr

VIP Member
Oh I'm with you I'm just saying there are people out there that are good enough that get flagged. As long there is an avenue to dispute it I dont see it being that much of an issue. I've just seen backlash toward companies who banned players without checking. I would venture to say that most of the bans occur from system process monitoring anyway which flags folks using cheat software anyway so that should eliminate most of the mistaken bans anyway.
The only cheat codes i ever used were in single player games on a Nintendo console. The konami code for the win!

Top Bottom