The crap you deal with while aging...

NetRngr

VIP Member
So I sit down last night to play some and since the bride isn't feeling well I pop in my in ear monitors and go to playing but something sounds weird so I check them. Nope they are fine and working as they should but now I can only hear muffled sounds in my right ear. Yep you guessed it, for some reason that ear decided to go on an ear wax production frenzy and now that ear canal is plugged solid.
I've put warm saline, alcohol and, hydrogen peroxide in there to try and dissolve it and get it out to no avail. Going to pick up a OTC kit today and hopefully that works otherwise its off to the docs to have them remove it. Ear is tender when I swallow and Im dizzy as a drunkard on Friday night. This blows.
Funny thing is I generally clean the gunk out of them every two weeks as instructed by my doc. Maybe I had a touch of infection going on. Who knows, wish me luck.

NetRngr

VIP Member
Ok it's not often I recommend a product for my online peeps, but if you ever have an issue where you get wax causing hearing loss / really muffled sound for whatever reason, I wholeheartedly recommend the Debrox ear wax kit. It's hands down the best 10 bucks I have ever spent. Make sure you dont have any type of discharge / drainage coming from your ear as that usually is infection or a busted eardrum and you need to see a doc for that ASAP.
All you do is put 5 to 10 drops in the ear and let it sit there. It foams as it is a form of peroxide and you can hear the snapping and popping you would expect and the bubbles tickle the inside of your ear. It says leave in 15 to 30 min but I opted to leave it in for an hour while laying on the couch watching TV. Then you use the little squeeze bulb to flush your ear. I went off script with this part as well and used warm salt water / saline instead of just water as the salt dries up the wax buildup and warm because it helps melt it. 10 out of 10 stars. Would definitely recommend.
It took three days of doing this twice an evening but it was well worth it. Went in for my quarterly checkup with my doc and mentioned it to her and when she checked my ear she said it was one of the cleanest she's ever seen. No idea why that ear went into wax overdrive but its spic and span now. Also had good news as far as my diabetes is concerned, A1C went from like 10 to 6.2 which is pretty awesome for an A1C level.
Now if i can just get my back, neck and and all my other joint ailments in order I will be good to go. As it turns out, while it's fun and awesome when you are young, going through jump school, air assault school, and ranger selection school are pretty hard on your body when you start aging. 4 out of 10 stars. Would not recommend.

Gator

VIP Member
Congrats on the A1C. I was 6.8 last quarter. :)

Top Bottom