Current EA/DICE Info

NetRngr

TAC Member
I'm ok with a service. I maintained monthly accounts in WoW and rift as with any other MMO. Thing is I dont see these as the same thing per se. MMOs are about account longevity and honestly they are persistent so you acquire things over time. BF isn't designed at all to deal with leveling, acquisition of items/skills etc. As I said I would be OK with a service but the game would need to be about half the initial cost or less to justify the service price and expansions/maps etc would need to be free.    

NetRngr

TAC Member
Buwahahahahahaha. Sadly it still finished number two which translates into fairly healthy numbers I would guess. As they also stated that is not the entire picture. Digital copies and whatnot. Id like to see total sales numbers from some place before getting too wrapped up in numbers. My fear is that many are gonna see the rollback as a victory and buy it without the realization that all they really said was they were disabling the MTX temporarily until a later time. AKA after everyone goes all WHOO HOO and buys the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Axlerod

TAC Member
EA has lost $3 billion Dollars since the launch of SWBF2.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/28/eas-day-of-reckoning-is-here-after-star-wars-game-uproar.html

Their stock before launch was $119.60 and is now down to $105.98. They lost $3.98 today per share. Investors are letting wallstreet know they are not happy with EA. Disney has already came out and said they are not happy with EA.

Update at market close:
Market summary > Electronic Arts Inc.
NASDAQ: EA - Nov 29, 5:30 PM EST
105.49USD3.98 (3.64%)

I can not wait to hear EA explain this to shareholders how the SWBF2 game released and they lost $15 per share and the company overal has lost 3 billion Dollars. This is in a day an age where 3 billion is a lot of money.

Last edited:

Axlerod

TAC Member
Scoot sales are not booming 3 billion worth. I could only afford a $28,000 street glide. Not the 4$41000 that I really wanted. LOL

Axlerod

TAC Member
OMG ea stock is taking another huge hit this morning. Their stock dropped another $4 per share. That is nearly 3 billion again. That means since Swbf2 launch, they have lost 6.5 billion dollars.

Gator

TAC Member
Site Administrator
OMG ea stock is taking another huge hit this morning. Their stock dropped another $4 per share. That is nearly 3 billion again. That means since Swbf2 launch, they have lost 6.5 billion dollars.
Maybe they will start listening to their customers and give us what we want, and not what they think is best for us. :geek:

NetRngr

TAC Member
Gives me giggle pants and all. Love how they were all... "Oh removing the loot crates will not cause any significant hit to the bottom line for EA." What they failed to mention is that people refusing to buy a PoS will definitely have an impact . Rofl.
Its sad really that they had to add this BS in. I really had fun playing the beta and all. No it wasn't a Battlefield game but was a fun run and gun title until you realized that progression had nothing to do with which class played or how long and was solely controlled by which cards you got and when.
If they could patch in a decent progression system and make loot crates cosmetic or with minor boosts exp / scrap etc then I would get it in a sec., if for no other reasoning than to say "Hey if you do this correctly we will play and maybe even buy a few credits in the process. If you shove it down our throats and make it almost a necessity to buy you shitty P2W crates we won't even purchase your shit game."

Last edited:

Axlerod

TAC Member
It is not about fun anymore. It is about getting money to buy either skill or weapon or some elite class that overpowers everything else. It is not about team work or skill or trying to better ones self or team.

I remeber back in 2013 when everyone thought EA was going to go belly up. Well, EA can not afford another bad video game or bad press. When Disney pulls out, it might be really bad and EA will have to put up a game that screams buy me.