Do you plan to buy Battlefield Hardline?

Gator

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL ...well, so far it looks like 11bravo10, Danbaron (who already purchased it), and I, will be the only one's playing it, and possibly the Bevans.  Most of the "no" voters don't play Battlefield anyways, so nothing new there.   :)  The poll continues ...

I was really pissed when EA released the hardline beta when BF4 was only like 6 months old and so buggy. Because of that, I didn't even want to play hardline and only played it like 3-4 times and really wasn't impressed. I am still enjoying BF4, I would like to see more balance and changes made, maps, etc.... There are still bugs not fixed in BF4 like select under slung weapon gadget 2, freelook while flying, etc.... It's damn annoying and I'm pissed at their business model that I'm a paying beta tester. That being said, I'm not going to buy hardline right away, and will only get it I see its played regularly in teamspeak and if it's good.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Nope

Battlefield was supposed to be all about the Battlefield. Not COP AND ROBBERS! Where the hell were their heads at when they decided to throw a BF4 Mod together asnd sell it as a game? Up their asses, I'd say.  Omg! They still have a broken game called BF4 and now they want to sell Mod. Sad

• Like 2

I'm not sure how many of you are redditors around here, but I read the following article posted several weeks ago and it brings up a lot of good points. I had preorderd hardline before reading it, but have since removed my preorder.  As a consumer I think it is bad practice to pay companies money in advance for what essential turns out to be an incomplete game because of all its glitches. The gaming industrys standards have been really been going downhill these last few years as to how they define a "complete game."

http://bgr.com/2015/01/12/stop-preordering-video-games/

Like patches and rogue mentoined, BF4 is still buggy a couple years after release, and Hardline is just a continuation of their game line to get more money out of consumers by changing the game type to cops and robbers.  What is this Call of Duty!?

• Like 2

I'm not sure how many of you are redditors around here, but I read the following article posted several weeks ago and it brings up a lot of good points. I had preorderd hardline before reading it, but have since removed my preorder.  As a consumer I think it is bad practice to pay companies money in advance for what essential turns out to be an incomplete game because of all its glitches. The gaming industrys standards have been really been going downhill these last few years as to how they define a "complete game."

http://bgr.com/2015/01/12/stop-preordering-video-games/

Like patches and rogue mentoined, BF4 is still buggy a couple years after release, and Hardline is just a continuation of their game line to get more money out of consumers by changing the game type to cops and robbers.  What is this Call of Duty!?

Very good point. I'll still buy the game but I'm going to cancel my pre-order.

I am still going to get it I think its a good game and like it. All software that I have seen its going to take a while to get it right if you want realistic combat join the military the real thing has more bugs than walking into a lice factory if ya like games you have to expect that there not going to be perfect :)

if you want realistic combat join the military

You're kidding, right? Virtue reality is ment to be just that. Virtually real.

This old fart is too old for enlistment. That's why I play BF4. If I was younger, I'd still not join military. Nobody tells me what to do.  ;)  

• Like 4

No fir me....

if you want me to test it...you git to pay me ot give me a discount cuopon

i do not work for them.

Its EA not a start up company...

Market ribbon products are not for me. I like product ribbon

Like Kuso said now a days all is market ribon.. i do not complaint about the game like others do in TS vbecause its usuless and pathetic. If you do so why buy or play the game.

The best message to give them is by not buying the game.

Having said this... i will still buy BF5 but you will nit hear me bitching about the game.

Because it is cheaper and healthier than going out everynight.

Yep, I already ordered. This game will replace BF4 for me, it's more infantry and less tanks, which is a huge plus.

I agree.  The game provided more infantry and less vehicle whoring.  The chopper was a bit lopsided, but I am sure they will have a counter-fix for it when the game is released.

• Like 1

if ya like games you have to expect that there not going to be perfect :)

I remember a time that when I bought a game, it was finished and perfect weeks before launch day. There were no revisions, it was ready on day 1. You know how I know this game won't be finished on launch day? The humongous day 1 patch you're all going to get. First two weeks are going to be patches and bugs and balancing. I never said I'm not getting the game, I'm just not going to pay to beta test it. I'll wait until it's finished, then decide.

I think hardline couldve been a fun game, but it just doesn't feel like a police vs. criminals type of game to me. BF4 feels like a wargame, and they do it well. Hardline feels like a mishmash . I don't get the feeling like I'm a police officer or a criminal in hardline. For these reasons alone, I don't like the game. I've never liked grand theft auto or call of duty. I could like a cops and robbers game, but this game doesn't do it well in my opinion.

For those of you who say I should join the police force if I want to feel like a police officer... A good game is immersive. You've all played immersive video games, and in my opinion, hardline is more arcadey and not immersive at all.

SMAWs and stingers in hardline? Nuff said

• Like 2