Hardline

tuby333

i feel ripped off as i paid over 39.99.   =|  but i do enjoy Heist, Hotwire, and Bloodmoney so it seems like a new game.  although it also seems like a mod you'd get for free back in the day .  gameplay seems more polished/smoother than BF imo. 

it seems difficult to pull people away from an older series.  Unreal Tournament is an example of how new editions splits the community.  player attendance seemed to be UT99>UT2k3/UT2k4>Unreal tourney 3.  hopefully UT4 will pwn it up.

i think Origin gives you 24 hours to try out a game for a rebate.  money back guarantee!

edit:  i miss Rush in the BF series

aha right!?  i was going to mention character skins/movement look Counterstrike-ish compared to BF4.  but then all my setting are on low so i didnt know if it was just my screen.  

minor upgrade:  i think the shotgun pellets are more visible than BF4 ?  maybe its just because im getting a higher framerate since the graphics are that bad.  aha

• Like 1

Judging from the lack of clan participation in the game and the price drop over the last week, I can only assume that this game isn't very good. I will not be purchasing it

You've missed out on a deal for when some expansion packs come out that appease the stuffy old fogeys stuck in their ways. :)

My problem with Hardline is that there's just not much to do with it at the moment, for the amount of money it cost to buy it. You have 9 maps and people really only play like 4 of them mainly. Even BF3 and BF4 had that problem, though I don't think it was quite as bad. I'm sure after all of the DLCs are out, there will be more to do, but even then with Premium, there's only going to be FOUR map DLCs, instead of 5 like in BF3 and BF4. So you're paying the same price for 4 map packs as you did for 5 in BF3 and BF4.

i can see your point about value.  when i initially bought the game i was startled at the price point also;  but then i was thinking it'd be bigger and badder than BF3/BF4.  instead its a mod with less graphics but i do enjoy the game modes.    i didn't realize there were 9 maps but i like them all.  its probably easier to design likeable smaller maps?  maybe the DLC is less because of the timing for BF5?  idk maybe it wont be as spread out but the same amount of maps overall?

my friend made a point that the lack of "big guns" in BF4 [armor, major air attack]  in Hardline is funner for him.  I think of it as BF3 Close Quarters evolved

• 3 weeks later...