Windows 10 how are you liking it and problems

DingChavez

So far I have to say I'm enjoying Windows 10 looks a bit like iOS looks like MS is taking Apple head on now.  As for problems I have a friend that is having issues booting into Win 10 after upgrading and at the login screen they have artifacts all over the screen.  Note the card is a 690 that has SLI natively installed and can't really be turned off.  This card did not artifact before the upgrade and can confirm its not the card.  Is there anyone here that has an SLI setup in Windows 10 that is having problems? I have read reports that 353.62 did not fix that this problem even though it was stated it did.  We knew Win 10 would have some hiccups but this one is game breaking as you can't login lol.
  • Like 2

We knew Win 10 would have some hiccups but this one is game breaking as you can't login lol.

I had upgraded to Win 10. After doing so my Avast Antivirus program was disabled. Not sure why but unfortunately I opened a harmful link and was exposed to virus that locked up my pc. I could no longer login to my desktop. I ended up formating SSD and reinstalling Windows 7, all my drivers, some software and BF4. I'll have to wait to upgrade later.

Hope I'm not kicking a dead thread here.

I'm rocking it on a cheap Stream 7 tablet, my big rig, and the preview on my Lumia 920 phone. I like it, haven't had many major probs and I don't runs games anymore so no impressions there. Super laggy on tablet, 1GB ram, Windows 10 compatible according to HP and Microsoft. Tablet ran 8.1 lots better. Pretty laggy on the big rig at times. Upgraded from Win7 Ultimate, running on a velociraptor, 64bit, 8GB ram, had higher hopes performance wise than what I got. I was told that a fresh install would help with that because of some difference in the formatting from  7 to 10. I have the iso and got a program that snagged my 10 key for the install, now just need a free minute. Any suggestions or tips on a fresh install before I jump in head first?

• Like 1

Ding said that when he ran it it was very sluggish compared to 8.1. He has since rolled back to 8.1.

Haha! I had to delete the roll back data to have enough room on the tablet to use it! Told me, no space need to free up some, run disk cleaner. The restore Data is in there, at least I think so anyway. It is definitely gone though.

• Like 1