Sale: Entire computer.

Auvy

I have a REALLY good computer. I still suck at battlefield though.

ProcessorIntel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHzManufacturerIntelSpeed3.5 GHzNumber of Cores4Video Card 1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ManufacturerNVIDIAChipsetGeForce GTX 760Dedicated Memory2048 MBTotal Memory3.9 GBVideo Card 2NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760ManufacturerNVIDIAChipsetGeForce GTX 760Dedicated Memory2048 MBTotal Memory3.9 GBMemory32 GBOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bitService Pack0Size64 BitEdition CDASUS BW-16D1HTDVDASUS BW-16D1HTDrive 1SSDSize931.5 GBFree639.2 GBDrive 2HDDSize931.2 GBFree568.5 GB I have no idea what to ask. Also, I doubt anyone here will buy it, but it's worth a shot.

It's worth mentioning that I won't sell parts of it, and I will not trade for things (except maybe the ability to kill one person every six times I spawn..)

EDIT: there's an SLI bridge between the cards allowing them to share memory, boosting the 2 gig deicated (each card) to one solid 4gb dedicated memory.

EDIT: And the cpu is liquid cooled *grin*

EDIT: wow I forgot the motherboard! it's MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 - Intel Z87 - HDMI - SATA 6Gbps - USB 3.0 - ATX Pro Gaming with Killer Networking & Sound Blaster Intel Motherboard

I put this rig together last year to play around with building video games. I'm unable to get into the learning process because my kids are, well, kids. Two and five. I need a lot of time to plan a game, even a short one. I need a lot of time to build the maps, characters, textures, animation, sound, overlay, input, gameplay mechanics.. ect. To build maps I need map editors. To learn an editor and what it can do for you takes months of practice. For characters and animation I need 3d modeling software, animation software, and a lot of time. To make textures for a world I've ALREADY built takes a long time, a texture can include lots of layers (bumpmap, displacementmap, lightmap, reflectionmap..ect) and I can do all that in Photoshop or GIMP, but it takes a lot of time. Sound is impossibly complex. I can record stuff, scrub it and throw it in but that's not very good. I can make synthetic sounds but I'm not aiming for super mario (AWESOME). Overlay or HUD is usually a flash program with texture editing that takes time and knowledge I don't have. Input is actually really hard, it's not just button mapping, it's a whole lot harder. Then there's testing, once all that shit is done. Guess what? I'm going to have to go back and fix, polish or completely re-do part of it. Don't forget that one change affects the whole game.. that's why people are employed to test games.

Lets face it. I don't have time to make games. If I only had the time..

• Like 1

I put this rig together last year to play around with building video games. I'm unable to get into the learning process because my kids are, well, kids. Two and five. I need a lot of time to plan a game, even a short one. I need a lot of time to build the maps, characters, textures, animation, sound, overlay, input, gameplay mechanics.. ect. To build maps I need map editors. To learn an editor and what it can do for you takes months of practice. For characters and animation I need 3d modeling software, animation software, and a lot of time. To make textures for a world I've ALREADY built takes a long time, a texture can include lots of layers (bumpmap, displacementmap, lightmap, reflectionmap..ect) and I can do all that in Photoshop or GIMP, but it takes a lot of time. Sound is impossibly complex. I can record stuff, scrub it and throw it in but that's not very good. I can make synthetic sounds but I'm not aiming for super mario (AWESOME). Overlay or HUD is usually a flash program with texture editing that takes time and knowledge I don't have. Input is actually really hard, it's not just button mapping, it's a whole lot harder. Then there's testing, once all that shit is done. Guess what? I'm going to have to go back and fix, polish or completely re-do part of it. Don't forget that one change affects the whole game.. that's why people are employed to test games.

Lets face it. I don't have time to make games. If I only had the time..

I'd suggest getting involved in a community to keep your energy level high, and not getting too overwhelmed by the complexity. I'm sure you can rip off a lot of this stuff from open source projects and elsewhere, and weave in your own creativity as time permits.

This one looks cool, and obviously if you were able to go to Seattle or Vancouver you would find a lot more.

http://www.meetup.com/levelup/

Most successful people have kids :) although you would probably want to lower your expectations for a couple more years.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Craigslist or Kijiji would be your best bet, ya ya I know snooze ya loose, trolling the web site ...

I would personally sell something like this for at least 800 bux, have done so in the past ...

used to be in the used computer sales industry, although there are a lot of people that sell used, most of which is total and complete crap. something like this would easily bring in 800 bux. let me know if you need help wording the ad?