For the Love of God, Please Remove AA Vehicles

Gator

There are too many lock-on weapons. One of the reasons why I want Battlefield to go back to WWII for a game. There would still be flak cannons and machine guns to take out planes.

Even getting in a ground vehicle is a bad idea when 32 players on the other team can counter it.

Sorry if i dont see it your way, guess i am not a loyalist then..lol

This post was created for people who are like minded on the issue of the AA vehicles.  It was not created to seek your opinion, or anyone else's opinion for that matter.  You should read the topic thoroughly before responding ...lol  

• Like 1

No, they should stay, with no AA the chopper and jet whores will have free run

I'm a pilot, and I can go on a good streak of kills, but nothing ruins my good time and makes me stop using jets or helis faster than Gator and his stinger. Yea, when he has enough of my BS, he dedicates himself and often his whole squad to ruining my fun. Gator isn't alone, I get shot down alot by infantry, add to that the stupidly overpowered MAA and piloting just isn't worth it anymore at all. I'm a good pilot, I should have a chance. What's that squad? There is an LAV giving you hell at the flag? OK, I'll spawn in this jet and strafe it. Skies are clear, enemy LAV targeted, oh damn I'm getting locked on and I just took off! Pop the flares, taking enemy fire from the MAA! Evasive maneuvers, getting locked on again by stinger and MAA now, pow! Some help I was :-/  

• Like 1

I remember flying the choppers on BF2 special forces (dont remember the maps), at least you could fly them 10 minutes or more, unlike now getting shot with an AA from the other end of the map in seconds. The AA's must be made not to be able to lock on so far and also not to be indestructible like they are now. Takes one AA sitting somewhere on a hill and that is it, the entire map is a no fly zone, do you find that normal ?

I remember when Gator was one of our main pilots and would be sitting in the heli at a flag. After we cap that flag, he would bark over the mic and command us all to get our ass in the chopper. Yea, I was one of the slow ones, he'd usually wait. Then we would make it relatively unscathed to the next flag, rinse wash repeat. Nowadays, if you see a chopper at a flag, it was likely abandoned and badly damaged, usually on fire. The most likely scenario is the pilot barely made it over two flags and bailed and what's left is a gnarled heli chassis wreckage. It's a stupid move to load up an Ace squad in a transport chopper to get to another flag. I bet you agree rbev that some tweaking needs to be done. 
  • Like 2

Your opinion matters. We dont want air vehicles to dominate. I'd be happy if they seriously reduced splash damage of the 30mm ammo used by the little bird or atttack jet requiring much more accuracy as a nerf against air attack vehicles vs infantry if MAA damage was seriously reduced or MAA projectile speed was greatly increased and range decreased and lock on time increased.  

Your opinion matters. We dont want air vehicles to dominate. I'd be happy if they seriously reduced splash damage of the 30mm ammo used by the little bird or atttack jet requiring much more accuracy as a nerf against air attack vehicles vs infantry if MAA damage was seriously reduced or MAA projectile speed was greatly increased and range decreased and lock on time increased.  

Some of these replies in this thread should be posted in this thread on BL

Just say'n. :ph34r:

Then the developers can hear what we are say'n too. :wink:

Well, if you had actually read the posts in that thread, you would have seen that they already have posted there.  Just say'n  

Well, if you actually noticed, I get home and read these threads first. Now I will read what you just put a flame under my ass to read. :dry: lol

• Like 2

maybe tweaking yes but OP said remove aa vehicles, but my opinion doesnt matter

Your opinion does matter, and has always mattered.  Had you read my Battlefield 4 forum post, you would have seen that I said remove it or nerf it.  I was just trying to get support from those who fell the same as I do.    No harm intended.  

• Like 1

I read it. Then I tried to Quote on some idiot. Then it links my reply to his reply. No way to edit the reply.

Then I can't even make a normal reply to the actual thread.

Me thinking someone is moderating the thread like a butthurt policing admin.

Never got to read the post you referred as the developers reply. So, I guess I will chat with you during Coffee time on TS.

My night is almost time for the hottub.

I read it. Then I tried to Quote on some idiot. Then it links my reply to his reply. No way to edit the reply.

Then I can't even make a normal reply to the actual thread.

Me thinking someone is moderating the thread like a butthurt policing admin.

Never got to read the post you referred as the developers reply. So, I guess I will chat with you during Coffee time on TS.

My night is almost time for the hottub.

Gator, any chance we can get some sort of translation tool for the forums?

I think the quoted post above, reads -

"I read it. I tried to quote myself but it linked posts and I got confused.

I tried to post again but got really confused.

I guess I'll blame my confusion on an admin.

I couldn't read the post you referred to as the words were too big. I'll wait till you can read it out to me on TS tomorrow.

I am about to get in the hot tub."

:huhh:

Patches, you crack me up!  :signs8:

• Like 4