BF1 server rentals

Axlerod

For shits and giggles I tried to get info from 3 differnt server providers. Fragnet, NFO and Gameservers were the ones I tried.

They all sent back info stating that they do not know as off yet if they will be available for rentals yet.

On reddit there was a nice post about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/4tn92c/battlefield_1_alpha_netcode_analysis/d5iveat

[–]Demize99Core Gameplay Designer 14 points 1 month ago <----- Works for DICE!

It's not doctrine, we want players to be able to play custom games. We also want players to understand a game is custom, on PC you often end up in a custom game without realizing of intending that... I'm sure there's a way to fix that... ;)

Ok so here is the rumor and speculation part:

I am OK with if you change any settings it makes your server custom - That is cool for us since we run stock game. I think if you have a custom server, it should be unranked.

Banning cheaters or little trolls trying to cause trouble or by using racist remarks and ect., we may not be able to ban them.

We may not be able to use some of the plugins we currently use like autobalancer or team sync. 

So who knows, these are only rumors at this time so don't read to much into as of yet. Hopefully after the beta test that starts at the end of this month we will find out a lot more. For the life of me I do not know why EA/DICE is be so secretive about all of this. We know we will have 64 players, it will be at least 60 hz (maybe not at launch) so really this is only a small question that needs to be answered. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently found more information from a UK community, who was informed by the server provider they use will not be offering BF1 servers, as referenced here: http://www.anarchygaming.uk/Forum/battlefield-5/bf1-server-rentals/ (more details throughout the posting.) The implications are as you had stated Axel, meaning we may not, or have very limited access to, and administrative control for the servers, and no access to Procon whatsoever. Now, this may be limited to the UK, but I have my doubts regarding regional limitations.

To this day, even larger companies such as NFO servers, or Gameservers appears to still be in the dark, referencing the information stated here: https://forums.nfoservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13964 and http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53568

I have a distinct feeling that they've Fracked over admins royally from BF4 > BF1. If so, where does that leave TAC and the rest of the community associated with it? Is there going to be a Tac server if we can't kick or ban the annoying little script-kiddies, hackers, and the not-so-occasional Fracktards?

Ephiestis as DICE has put to everyone in the BF community, you will have to wait and see. 

We are going forth with our plans figuring that there will be servers and admin controls and hardcore. Until we know more that is all that we can do for now.

Many have pre-ordered the game already. There is still some waiting for more info to be released. we have less then 4 weeks.

About time for a countdown timer to be put up on the main page I think.

Braddock512 wrote:

Hey all,

Just popping in to state the following - and only the following (for now). Do not read more into the words than the words themselves. I'm not one to say one thing and mean another, so here it is:

We are aware of the community's desire for more information regarding RSPs for Battlefield 1 and are working to roll out information as soon as possible.

At this time, anything that has not come from Official EA/DICE channels should not be taken as fact.

I'm currently working with the game team and other CMs to finalize messaging so we can share more details.

Thanks.

-Braddock512-

My sincerest apologies that we haven't talked before yesterday regarding this concern from the community.

Truthfully, I was head-down in the Beta for the beginning of the month, then took off for 6 days for my 1 year wedding anniversary. As soon as I landed, I was off to Sweden for a Live Stream setup.

All of that doesn't really mean anything because, regardless, this discussion should have happened sooner.

I'm a gamer. I've rented servers. I get where you are all coming from (for the most part. I never ran a huge clan.)

I will continue to push to get information for you all as soon as possible.

I'll even post every single day in this thread until I have something substantial to share with you - just to prove that I'm here and not abandoning you, and that I'm working with you, not against you.

-Braddock512-

• Like 1

Here is what we know about BF1 servers so far.

1. There will be servers you can rent

2. You will rent directly from EA. The servers will be hosted by Amazon, I3D, and Microsoft but you rent from EA.

3. You will have very little control. It is doubtful any type of rcon will be available. We know for a fact Procon won't work. The Procon staff have said so.

4. The servers will likely be VMs that can be spun up or shut down quickly which means reduced performance due to VM overhead

5. There will be no cost competition like we had for BF3 and BF4 servers. EA is monopolizing the servers so they can charge whatever they want.

6. The servers will likely be locked down with emphasis on play now match making. Except the configuration options to be limited. If you change too many settings your server may even become unranked.

7. No word on how to set admins for a server other than the server owner

8. No word on how kicking or banning will work (if you even can)

9. No word on anyway to run custom scripts or plugins. It is probably not possible. Especially since there probably won't be a rcon of any kind. It looks like all settings are on/off switches on a webpage.

10. No details have been released on if you can access the server directly in any way other than the simplified webpage interface that is limited to on / off switches.

11. "Soon" is longer than 1 week. We were told last weekend we'd hear about servers "Soon".

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Axlerod said:

Here is what we know about BF1 servers so far.

1. There will be servers you can rent

2. You will rent directly from EA. The servers will be hosted by Amazon, I3D, and Microsoft but you rent from EA.

3. You will have very little control. It is doubtful any type of rcon will be available. We know for a fact Procon won't work. The Procon staff have said so.

4. The servers will likely be VMs that can be spun up or shut down quickly which means reduced performance due to VM overhead

5. There will be no cost competition like we had for BF3 and BF4 servers. EA is monopolizing the servers so they can charge whatever they want.

6. The servers will likely be locked down with emphasis on play now match making. Except the configuration options to be limited. If you change too many settings your server may even become unranked.

7. No word on how to set admins for a server other than the server owner

8. No word on how kicking or banning will work (if you even can)

9. No word on anyway to run custom scripts or plugins. It is probably not possible. Especially since there probably won't be a rcon of any kind. It looks like all settings are on/off switches on a webpage.

10. No details have been released on if you can access the server directly in any way other than the simplified webpage interface that is limited to on / off switches.

11. "Soon" is longer than 1 week. We were told last weekend we'd hear about servers "Soon".

Where did you get this info?  There has been nothing officially released yet.

The only official thing we have gotten so far is that DICE said there will be server rentals through them. The rest is just bits and pieces that have been put together. 

Unfortunatly we know very little with the game launching in just a few weeks.

LOL you want official, well go to the battlefield forums and just try to discuss the subject of rental servers. The moderators are now locking and hiding threads now. You are not aloud to even discuss the subject. 1 thread alone was well over 1500 post.

Slow was even threaten whe he complained to EA about the actions.

Here is my post on it: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34260/we-need-full-disclosure-of-this-game-now#latest

It is crap that they don't tell us more about Battlefield 1. I just don't get the secrecy. This isn't normal. They have always told us well in advance that there will be servers or hardcore mode with the past Battlefield releases. I get your frustration Axle. We kind of need to know because we are a privately funded, established clan. If server rentals would just be confirmed, it would at least give our members a chance to build up our finances a bit and prepare. I mean, what is their motivation to keep this stuff secret for so long? Do they want to surprise us? I am just your typical gamer lemming, but yea I do admit if they came out next week and said, "Here is the news you have been waiting for, you will be able to rent servers! And guess what, hardcore mode is included free of charge!", I will probably jump up and down with joy like a little kid getting a dollar from the tooth fairy. I'm betting that EA/DICE simply 'aren't ready'. It's much easier to hide behind the veil of secrecy than to verify to us an actual product that they are legally obligated to include as part of a sale. It's likely that the software simply isn't relliable or ready.

Frustrations aside, my best friends are getting the game and during the chance I had to play beta, I really enjoyed it. They did get right several must-have items for me, like the ability to game with all my friends and control customization, plus the game was immersive to me and I got the feeling that I was in the great war hiding behind a rock while an older crank started armored tank drove past me.

I"m shaking a fist at EA/DICE for being assholes, but yea, I'm still getting the game.

I am right there with you Rogue.

I just can not believe in every section of the forums, you are not aloud to even discuss renting servers.

You can still discuss HARDCORE MODE.

I to plan on getting the game but this lack of knowledge is quite troublesome. I expect full disclosure next week.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Patches said:

Like I said earlier. 

I'll buy it after I hear/read some positive reviews. 

Until then, I'm on the sideline.  :wink:

I got bitten B4 by EA/DICE. Ain't gonna happen again.  :ph34r:

I recommend you don't buy it.  Don't waste your money.  It's a horrible POS game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Patches said:

I'm not saying it's a pos game.

I'm not preordering until then.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

You said you were waiting on reviews, so I gave you one.  I never said you said it was a POS game.  Just saying...

• Like 1