Battlefield 2042 Xbox Series X Gameplay 4K

Gator

I don't know if it's just me having only watched videos but a couple of things stand out when I watch these videos:

1) The robot dog seems to be a damned laser. those things look OP as hell. They appear to need a drastic tone down unless the accuracy of them isn't nearly as good as it seems.

2) It seems that everyone pretty much has access to only a very limited selection of guns. I'm hoping that the selection is far larger and is unlocked as you play.

3) Not sure how I like the whole on the fly modification thing. By that I kind of like being able to swap out scopes / sights but having the ability to fully modify a weapon "in the field" isn't a thing and not sure it should be even if this isn't a sim.

4) Removal of the class system pretty much destroys what little bit of team roles that have been in BF for decades. I mean if you want to allow me to run a sniper build and equip an ammo box then far be it from me to argue but that will remove any reason to accurately place shots and not just spam long range shots.

5) From what I saw scope glint has become a neon sign. TBH you may as well make the entire skin fluorescent hot pink, put a flashing arrow over the snipers position, and increase the player model by like 20%.

I know BF isnt a battle sim like ARMA but I do enjoy trying to play it with a bit of tactics and yes while sniping stealth. These changes from what I've seen do their damnedest to try and remove that from the game. I know COD is hugely popular, but I get the feeling that DICE is kinda phoning it in with this one and doing its best to clone COD as much as they can without getting slapped with a lawsuit.

BF has always been a different kind of beast and it's what made it popular. I mean a lot of folks chose BF based on the fact it wasnt COD and was different.

I know this group got its start as a COD clan so maybe I'm in the severe minority here but the more I see of 2042 the less I feel inclined to plop down the dollars for it. I mean if I wanted this kind of gameplay I would have simply bought COD and been playing it all along. Hell at least in Warzone I had to call in a loadout crate to change mid game or pick up a different weapon in 2042 I just press the magic T key.

Yes, I'm old and grumpy and dont like people messing with good things simply because they can.

• Like 1