Just visiting old haunts.

DeadRoach

Account created - September of 2003.

Has it been 2 decades? Jeez.... I'm rather touched Gator kept me as a VIP, despite my long absence.

So... some of you might remember me, some of you don't. But this is a year I've resolved to at least contact old comrades and let them know before we leave this mortal coil that I appreciated their company in our short time in this universe. 

No, it's not like I'm dying or anything. It's just part of my personal journey of self-improvement. I've had some moments that last few years where I had wished I had told people I appreciated their company and how much of a positive impact they had on my life. And right now, it's this group's turn. Because despite how little I've interacted with some of you old-timers, I've never forgotten you and remember you all fondly.

I don't know if I'll be active going forward as with age, I've found I'm really not into completive games anymore (more of a coop gamer these days), but I just wanted to let you know as I see some old familiar names - thank you for being my comrades. This really is a great community. And we owe so much to Gator for getting us started. Through good times and bad times, this is always a place that will have a fond place in my heart.

Feel free to look me up on Steam, Discord, or Epic. 

• Like 1

Good to hear you are doing well.  We are at the twilight point of our existence as a clan, but a few of us still continue to play a variety of games, so you can stop by our Discord channel and say hi.  I am in the middle of a move right now, so I am only using the forums at the moment.  I continue to maintain the website to serve as a beacon or lighthouse for those who wish to connect with old gaming friends like yourself, for example.

Take care,

Gator

Wow.... Ghosts are popping up everywhere. 
I get what you are saying man, Over the past two years i have lost my uncle, my Dad, and my darling wife. You would think that after the first one I would have learned that but as is the case you dont want to admit that it's going to happen or as quickly as it does. In my wifes case it was just under a year and if you had seen and talked with her two weeks prior you would have said she had years left. In two weeks time she went from relatively normal to unable to even take her medication without assistance.

Gaming seems to draw people into relationships even if they dont initially think they would be. Gator and I definitely had a rough start to our relationship, I put the blame for that squarely on my shoulders, however now even though we have never met in person Larry is someone I would call a good friend and hope someday to meet. I have a couple of guys in Atlanta that I met back in the early days of UO (Ultima Online) and have played multiple MMORPGS with that are two of my closest friends in the world. I have gone and spent weekends in Atl. with them and when my wife passed they were one of first people I notified as they knew her almost as long I we had known each other. I'm getting ready to take a weeks vacation and go up for a few days and hang out with them and let them know I love em like they were my brothers from birth.

It's funny how close you can get to someone just playing a video game.

We hope you do continue to pop in as most of us old folks around here aren't playing really competitive games both due to age kicking our asses and the fact that DICE /EA and Activision haven't been able to release a decent BF / CoD game in a decade.  

• Like 1

Hah, my closest two friends started as gaming buddies. Still in contact with one of them today, kind of lost contact with the other when he hit a rough patch in his life and couldn't game for a bit. And my wife of 25 years? Met in a chat room called "The Palace".

Gaming and the internet take a lot of heat for the worst among us - but just like anything else, it's just a tool. It's the people behind it who make it what it is.

(Notes NetRngr's signature, remembers he still has a Washburn sitting next to him he needs to pick up and practice again)

• Haha 1

(Notes NetRngr's signature, remembers he still has a Washburn sitting next to him he needs to pick up and practice again)

I wish I had the desire to right now. I have 19 basses and a Fender Acoustic on the way, (hoping just being able to pick it up and noodle away will help) but since the bride passed away I haven't had the wherewithal to do anything other than go to work and play some video games. That's gonna change since I'm gonna move and sell the house. Someone has to pack all this stuff up.