EMERGENCY PC PROBLEM

DEFCON

Dont... Know.. how *static* much longer I can stay online *static*Tried.... OCing videocard by about 9% core *static* and mem, worked before... no issues... Now... computer kept crashing must *static* have oberloaded or heated something... Underclocked now, keep recieving windows delayed write errors... *static* WTH? Curse you Rivatuner, why didnt i learn my lesson the first time you screwed up my system, oh no, losing system... can't... hold *static* her any longer... breaking up tell Gator I..... *static noise until such time drama of situation is lost*

UPDATE: Ok i have things working again properly, but I have just made a terrible discovery, the hard crash caused my HDD to physically corrupt 2 parts of my harddrive, MS Office and overnet. Now, parts of both folders are corrupted to the point that just D-clicking on the folder causes a drive not ready error. I realize I can no longer get the data back, but can someone assist in damage control, so that i can eliminate the 1000s of remainder files a partially corrupted and unremovable office is sure to leave? Also, will chkdsk make the corrupted parts invisible to the OS? ie will it mark the sectors as bad so my OS will stop trying to access them? As a last note, I think this thing was localized to my small secondary 20 gig, if i have to reformat it, will it find and mark as bad the corrupted sectors?I need as much help as possible ASAP, I cannot lose my machine at this point in timeok further update., it now seems I can now no longer even access my other drive, however I have a number of background apps that are installed to that drive that are still working at this moment, eg Alcohol 120 and MS OneNote. Any explanations? Im gonna restart and hope to god my other HD doesnt fry for some reason

ok, i performed some HDD CPR and mouth to mouth and managed to recover almost everything on the drive and get it running again. You know, I kinda like solving these types of problems even if they wouldnt be there in the first place if it werent for my own stupid meddling :oops:

I have my own problem now :arrow: My computer randomly locks up, and today it wouldn't start up at all. No POST or anything. I had to turn the power supply off several times before it came back up. Now Windows Update won't work, saying it has an error. Earlier today an entire folder was blank, even though there was data in it. I did a chkdisk and that folder was back, but the other stuff worries me. THEN I get a notice that I have a virus, so I run AVG and it comes up with nothing....