Banned from TAC Hardcore

TheDeady

Hi there!

Had a good time playing on your server yesterday and was banned for "Hacking/Cheating" at the end of the round. Just wanted to head in here and see about the possibility of being unbanned as I'm just a good player who uses sound and has played a lot of Metro :)

Here are some helpful links: 

My own audio wasn't captured during this recording, but here's the gameplay where I was banned.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My only concern about this ban is that according to his battle reports, he has played a lot of sniper matches as he claims (approx 50%). If K/KA is Kill/KillAssist, that would explain his high ratio. His favorite weapon is the m98b. None of his other stats are suspicious. 

Also, user has provided a 6 digit steam ID. It would be rare to own a steam ID that old and be a cheater. Investigation has showed he is a member in good standing with CEVO.

My vote has now changed

• Like 2

I'd have to say I'm with Murderer on this one. His stats aren't outrageous and I didn't see anything in his video that seemed suspicious other than he stopped rolling before he was banned (can't be 100% sure it was before ban as stated).

However, I wasn't there when it all went down and there could be something I'm missing here. I will speak to Axle and find out what all transpired.

• Like 1

You can tell this is where I was banned because it goes to black and shows the blinking cursor in the right hand corner before the counter goes out and I don't hit quit. I was banned literally right when my screen goes black--otherwise, I'd have stayed on the server.

I watched part of the video earlier, not the whole thing but I didn't see anything suspicious from what I saw. Our admins ban on site anyone showing red stats. So just be patient. 

I can explain the K/KA stat. Since he plays so much at a bolt action only server, anytime he doesn't kill someone with the m98b, it is going to leave his target with so little health that it'll nearly guarantee the kill assist. 

• Like 1

Im not convinced he's a hacker. He definitely has a "weird" play style, he's looking all over the place. What I really dont like is that the admin wasnt in game when the ban was placed. I can count dozens of times i've been called a hacker and if we went with majority vote I would have been banned ages ago. 

My vote is to unban, but ill leave it the admin's discretion. 

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong in the video. The stats don't look overly suspicious - the kill to kill assist ratio is high, but hardcore sniping does explain that to a large degree. If he had been playing normal mode then I would suggest something was off.

Like Wolf stated, my concern is there was no admin in game at that time. They could have been spectating I guess, and they may have spotted something we have missed. Either way, I would like to know their reason and who it was before passing judgement.

On a side note, I would like to compliment TheDeady for the way he has conducted himself in trying to get the ban lifted. He has provided a lot of information for us to assess and done it in a polite and professional manner.

• Like 3

Im not convinced he's a hacker. He definitely has a "weird" play style, he's looking all over the place. What I really dont like is that the admin wasnt in game when the ban was placed. I can count dozens of times i've been called a hacker and if we went with majority vote I would have been banned ages ago. 

My vote is to unban, but ill leave it the admin's discretion. 

I totally agree. One of the worst things is being accused of hacking when you're just playing good. People know I can play pretty good in the jet for example and I can target infantry and not many people can do that, but it's because I have so much experience and I know what to look for and yes, I can see little bodies running around and I can target them and kill them. But then when I start racking up a large kill streak, sometimes I start getting questioned, etc... Being accused of hacking sucks when you're just good and playing good. Another thing that gives others an advantage is a great sound system. I use a Soundblaster ZXR and audiophile AD700x headphones, I can close my eyes and I can find someone. I don't even need to SEE. I can also shoot through walls and track the enemy through walls using sound. Yes, it's not accurate like an aimbotter, but I totally understand the feeling being accused or the comments made because I'm prefiring, etc... TheDeady also is part of ESL, CEVO, not so sure about others. But this shows he is a competitive player. My vote is to unban, but I'll leave it to the banning admin. I'm done here.

Further to my previous post on this, I have since found out who enforced the ban, and the reasons why. Axle went out of his way to explain to me in depth what he saw in the video and I fully support the requirement to speak to TheDeady in teamspeak before a final decision is made.

I would suggest anyone seeking clarity on this to contact Axle, Decaff, or myself, privately for further details.

As far as I am concerned, the case is closed until TheDeady makes contact.

• Like 2