Welp we're turtling up over here.

NetRngr

The Grand Hurricanado Ian is expected to fly right across my house according the the latest predictions so hunkering down for a crappy weekend. Not gonna be real bad just some winds and of course rain out the wazoo. Hoping any Florida peeps here are ok and managed to pull through it relatively unscathed. I expect lawn furniture and mobile home damage in this area. Here in SC we have a standing joke...

What does a hurricane and a redneck divorce have in common?

Doesn't matter. Either way someone is losing a trailer.

Be safe all and I'll see ya on the flip side.

Well it puffed up a bit and went back to a Cat. 1 before making landfall like a drunken sailor on shore leave but Cat. 1 storms we can deal with. Storm surge was the biggest thing. Crested the dunes and buried most of the coastlines roads under a foot or so of sand. Pawley's Island pier went walkabout. Got to see some pretty gnarly video of that as well. all in all most people around here did well. Never lost power or internet so I sat around watching TV listening to the wind howl outside expecting to have to fire up the genny but never did.

This news story shows the pier collapse. Had several others damaged pretty badly as well.

Pawleys Island pier collapses amid Ian surge

• Like 1