I got my Battlefield Vietnam!

-SkYnEt-

i hear its not as stable but the graphics are better since they redid the engine the game runs on to work with directx 9 i'd also have to guess that it will be alot more hardware intensive so if your system barely ran bf1942 you better get some upgrades.. just for comparison:BFV System Requirements:Windows 98, ME, 2000, XPPentium III933MHz256MB RAM1.5GB hard drive space64MB 3D-accelerated GeForce 3 video cardCD-ROM 16xBF1942 System Requirements:Windows 98, Me, 2000, XPPentium III or AMD Athlon500MHz128MB RAM1.6GB hard drive space32MB nVidia GeForce or ATI Radeon DirectX 8.1-compatible video cardDirectX 8.1-compatible sound cardCD-ROM 8xInternet connection at 56 Kbpsthat pretty much says it all...

Yes! Found it. My local Future Shop got them in this evening.I'd recommend any Canadians looking to pick it up get it from Future Shop, they have an unadvertised $10 sale until march 18th, bringing the price from 49.99 CDN to 39.99 CDN. It's a pretty good deal considering $39.99 is what you expect to pay in USD for it.

I am delaying my purchase until I get an estimate on the repairs of my Chevy. Mechanic is supposed to pick it up tomorrow. From what I hear, it may be something as stupid as a 2 dollar sensor. However, they won't know until they hook it up to their diagnostic computer and check.Anyway, if the repairs turn out to be under 300 bucks, I'll probably go ahead and get the game. :)

Performance wise, I'm pleasantly suprised. The game runs fairly well on my system at the 640X480 32 bit with graphic detail at medium. I can also bump up the res and get comparable performance if I knock the color detail down to 16. Certain air maps will lag me alot, but I have alot of room to tweak and adjust for optimum performance.As for the game itself, first impressions are good. Although I think Orion terribly over estimated the power of the Scoped M16. The Scoped M16 is fairly effective up to medium ranges, but the M21 pwns it at extreme ranges. I see me and the M21 getting along very well :)The M60 loadouts are a bit overpowered. Imagine being able to carry a M249 and an RPG... that's basically what these loadouts are. M60 will totally own anybody who get's in it's spray, and the rocket launcher will down a tank in 2 shots. However, it's M79 loadout is very sweet. The M79 has a kick ass tiger stripe texture ;)The Heli's are terribly easy to drive, but I still find I have a hard time aiming and keeping my alititude. I think they drop altitude faster than the DC copters. I also find them a hell of alot harder to land. I do see myself pulling some time in them running airdrops as I can get close enough to the ground for peaple to get in.