Couple Builds Shipping Container Home with no Experience

Gator

I may just do that. 110 VAc usually isn't that bad but it stings enough. I had gotten to the point it didn't bother me but when I first started wow did that zing ya hahaha. The stud spacing likewise wont really cause any issues especially inside a metal container but if someone was to come in to do something they may have issues finding the studs right away unless they tell them. The one immediate thing is with the spray in insulation. If they figure the amount needed based on a 18" OC spacing then they wont bring enough foam out unless they mix it on the spot. That stuff is usually premixed and expands when sprayed and is then cut back flush. Stays liquid until its sprayed and is no longer under pressure then poof. Great insulating properties but is like 3 times the work to install and prep for drywall. Same stuff they use to pack electronics or highly breakable items. Put them in a bag, spray a little in the box, put item in box. Spray some more done. Gotta run over that stuff with the truck to break the item inside haha.
  • Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ya know I commend them for doing everything by themselves but at this point I think I would hit up some help at the Lowes or Home Depot day laborer pools and get it finished up. They have been there two years and are getting ready for kid number two. Bout time to get it knocked out IMHO. Yeah I'm old... call it wisdom.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...