Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Armory

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercury

Armory Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mercury

  1. Mercury replied to Flipster's topic in Main Hall
    Flip here's a woman making some fresh wine for your ribs and chicken dinner dance celebration.... http://www.methodshop.net/fun/grapefall/grapefall.shtml
  2. Now this is a funny vid.... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/afroninja.html
  3. Mercury replied to Flipster's topic in Main Hall
    Who Flip or the guy in the vid... I think that really Flip feeling spunky after eating a plate of ribs and chicken... He's a closet exhibitionist.
  4. Not real sure about the X but it may be the last reading, max value, or the average. Those bars are statistical I believe showing range. What I did notice is that your latest graph shows a different IP (hop 9) which tells me your traffic is routing differently. If you have periodic times of connection problems you could be experiencing conjestion on the network. This is where the ISP has to boost capacity. Since your connection is "best effort" they could just screw you. DSL is closer to dedicated bandwidth though the speeds in most cases are less than cable. Cable connections are shared bandwidth using proxies at the head end. As demand increases bandwidth can decrease.
  5. Looks like there is somewhat of a bottleneck between the att network and theplanet.com. I can see on Cleatus and Sharps's graphs that they have the same problem at the transition. Probably the union point of the two networks. I believe in the pro version of PingPlotter (30 day trial) you can get the address and email contact of the administrator for the router and get a hold of them. Sometimes they also have a phone number. I think www.visualroute.com will get you that same info. You can also do a whois lookup and see if any contact info comes up. Looks like Mac's connection too goes through the att network and experiences a little latency. Something is up with the att junctions - probably poor att equipment. Something happens around 12.119.136.14 for some.
  6. You can see where the problem starts on yours Klink
  7. thats no big deal - its a masked IP not the real one.
  8. Have a strategy going into the test... The key is not to waste time on any single question. If you are up against the clock figure out the questions that give you the biggest bang for the time spent. It looks like about 84% of the test are quick objective questions and about 15% are questions that need more work. What I would do is read the lengthy questions first and determine if you can answer them quickly. Option 1 - If the essay section is in fact easy then you can buy back a lot of time on the test by speeding through this essay section. This way when you near the end in a time crunch you can be kicking out the easy objective stuff and have less pressure. At the very end you can also fill in the squares with easy guesses rather than having to do an essay at the end. Option 2 - If the essay portion is very hard and a time waster then hit the objective portion banging out all the easy questions you can to get the guranteed highest grade to can. If you ace the objective portion then you'll be looking at a B. Then hit the essay and try to capture as much of the last 15% of the test as you can. To study create flash cards of all the material. Last words of wisdom - BE THE BALL SPALDING....Good luck.
  9. I'm curious to see how good our connections are to the BF2 server. I would like to see based on those playing the game what a great connection looks like versus a junky one. I thought we may be able to all run ping plotter at www.pingplotter.com going to the server IP 70.86.73.59 and then copy and post a picture of your ping plotter results. The freeware version is located here http://www.pingplotter.com/downloads/pngplt_1.exe. Just load the application, enter the IP 70.86.73.59, hit TRACE, then let it log for about 10-15 minutes. After you let it run click on EDIT>COPY AS IMAGE and paste it into MS Paint. Save it as a 256 color image. Then just post to the forum. Attached is a sample of mine. Folks with a bad connection could then possibly take the information back to the ISP and show them what a good connection looks like. I would also like to see stat on DSL vs. Cable and geographic region differences. Thanks, Merc ArmoryPingPlot.bmp ArmoryPingPlot.bmp
  10. Spark'em up!! Congrats!! /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-13081017982_thumb.jpg
  11. Mercury replied to Phrogg's topic in Main Hall
    3 options off the top of my head. In XP if you mutil select the pictures, right click, and then click send to email it should ask if you wish to resize the pics. Then you can just email it to yourself or save the email to your inbox. Pics are resized in email. Also if you have MS Office look in Start>Programs>MS Office>MS Office Tools for the Office Picture Manager. Start applicaiton, open picture - click PICTURE on the menu and then click RESIZE. Open MS Paint. Open picture. Select IMAGE on menu then STRECH/SKEW. Enter 50% for horizontal and vertical values. Save as a JPG or save at a reduced color bit level if you can reduce quality....
  12. If the auto balance is shut off then I think the problem may go away. Merc
  13. He's wearing the same uniform for China (look at my sleeves) - I kill him and gets tk. I try to change teams and because of autobalance can't. I exit the whole game and come back and it still is stuck. Whole squad I joined TK'd me too so it screws up the others scores as well. I think its an auto team balance issue where the system balances you but does not update the team friendly/foes correctly. Merc
  14. Here are two screenshots showing that even though a player was on my team (China) and showed up with a proper uniform that on the screen he was flagged as an enemy (red name) and on the player scoreboard he was american. I tried to leave and rejoin the game and it still did it. Anyone know how to make it go away? Merc /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-130810179549_thumb.jpg /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-130810179553_thumb.jpg
  15. I like this one better but its a gopher /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-130810179536_thumb.jpg
  16. Mercury replied to K2's topic in Main Hall
    K2 - you running an escort service or what! Merc's here...Oh and its not an Apple - thats a thrash on the brother-in-law whos a big Mac fan. I put the sticker on Christmas and he thought I bought a Mac and got all excited like Mac Noobs/iPod Clones do. Anyone find the 50 cal shell on the desk? My FA good luck charm.... Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2 Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 Memory (RAM): 2048 MB CPU Info: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ CPU Speed: 2204.8 MHz Sound card: Realtek AC97 Audio Display Adapters: All-in-Wonder X1800XL | All-in-Wonder X1800XL Secondary | UltraMon Display Mirror Driver | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD | Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 Network: Network Present Network Adapters: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport | CD / DVD Drives: E: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1213S | F: LITE-ON LTR-24102M | Default Printer: HP Color LaserJet 2840 PCL 6 COM Ports: COM1 | LPT Ports: LPT1 Mouse: 16 Button Wheel Mouse Present Hard Disks: C: 927.7GB | D: 149.0GB | P: 3.8GB | Hard Disks - Free: C: 886.7GB | D: 119.5GB | P: 804.3MB | USB Controllers: Detected: 5 host controllers. Firewire (1394): Detected: 1 host controllers. PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc. Product Make: System Product Name Serial Number: System Serial Number AC Power Status: OnLine BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 12/14/05 | A M I - 12000514 | | Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time Battery: No Battery /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-130810178928_thumb.jpg /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-130810178935_thumb.jpg /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-130810178942_thumb.jpg /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-130810178947_thumb.jpg /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-130810178955_thumb.jpg /monthly_06_2011/post-1024-13081017896_thumb.jpg
  17. Hug your wife and kids - count your blessings - and make all the friends you can. Time is always ticking..... http://www.findyourfate.com/deathmeter/deathmtr.html
  18. Pant! Pant! How bout an aug!
  19. A8N32-SLI Specs Audio 8-channel AC'97 audio via nForce4 SLI and Realtek ALC850 codec Realtek ALC850 Running great so far....
  20. You had to ask! Didn't want to say anything but I just brought those back to Best Buy - didn't like their options and performance for the price.... I figured 2 speakers, no 5.1 support, no optical, and retail price tag of about $270 non-thx certified. I love Bose - have some 15 year old AM5s - but for PC speakers I played some BF2 and didn't think they faired any better than the Altec Lansings I currently have. I'll let you know the verdict when I get the logitechs. Jury's still out.... Bose are a great speaker though - I bet they're killer listening to the admin tool audio!
  21. http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1877875,00.asp http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1877878,00.asp Final Thoughts Klipsch may have ushered in the age of high-end PC desktop audio when it introduced the Promedia line several years ago, but it hasn't kept the line fresh enough, and Logitech and Creative have taken the baton and run with it. Logitech's latest high-performance system adds a new twist by improving the quality of the decoder and moving to wireless rear speakers. I went with these after reading several reivews like the one above. Got them for about $340. Bought them primarily for 1) the input options - want to use the optical input, 2) THX certification - previous experience with other certified equip have been great, and 3) I could really use the wireless back speakers - will work great in my 10x12 office. I'll let you know how they go! Merc
  22. Know your gas..... Don't store in areas over 125F like next to a heater or campfire. Don't smoke while playing or you'll quit smoking real fast. Don't service a leaky container - replace. Don't use screwdrivers or other sharp tools on gun or canister. Use only odorized propane so you'll know its leaking. If you're getting dizzy from the gas - you're suffocating. Don't try to make your gun a flame thrower - doesn't work that way. http://www.puyallupfire.com/lepc/propane.htm Merc
  23. http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16836119106 the comments kinda worried me a bit about blown speakers..... I have a huge Klipsch subwoofer for my home system so I know they make pretty good stuff. I didn't think them really knowing to much on what a PC user would want to do with speakers. I like how the upper level logitechs seem to have more connectivity options and are THX certified. My Kenwood VR-5900 Soverign system is THX certified and it absolutely delivers some great 5.1 sound. I'll do some shopping. So you guys are all running Klipsch? Thanks for the help.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.