Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Armory

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gator

Administrator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gator

  1. Yeah, sorry about that man. Welcome to our forums Baba :mrgreen:
  2. I am Gator, and I approve of this message:It's true the vehicles (air, land, and sea) play a major role in all of the Battlefield series such as DC, BFV, and most recently as seen in the debut of PoE, Some maps are more demanding than others, depending on map size, but Infantry troops play a major role in the outcome of the game (win vs. lose). To say that the Infantry (ground troops) has no value is not true at all. In fact, you cannot win a game with vehicles alone.I believe the vehicles are essential elements that make the game challenging and fun to most players. They add a certain flavor and excitement to the game, as well as provide essential elements to create the Big Game? experience as seen in today's modern FPS games. The maps are larger, but they now offer a way to counterattack your opponent without being detected as seen in many of the smaller scaled mapped games like Half-Life. Large scale maps, coupled with the land, sea, and air vehicles, have provided greater challenges to all players by increasing the need for leadership and tactics. They improved player tactics by creating undetectable avenues of approach for increased player maneuverability. Players can now deploy on foot and maneuver around enemy occupied territory to capture objectives (flags) without being seen. This makes for a challenging and exciting game for all to say the least. Players who don't like vehicles in FPS games will typically play other games like Counter-Strike, FA, America's Army, etc. I don't know why they don't like them, but perhaps the vehicles are to overwhelming for them, or maybe they just do not want to take the time to learn how deploy them properly. I don't really know. The Battlefield series is not for everybody, but I would think the average player would find the series an attractive alternative to Firearms, a 6 year old modification of Half-Life.If this were the final release of POE, I would give it a 2. Since this is a first release beta. I will give them a 7. I will also be looking forward to the next release. - This message is sponsored by the committee to elect Battlefield2 as The Armory's primary game of choice.
  3. Gator replied to a post in a topic in Gaming
    I just tried it and it works great...thanks for the links I am coverting my BFV Map "Hidden Village" to Point of Existance. :mrgreen:
  4. Lame BF engine...How dare you 8) BFV is much more balanced now, and in POE the choppers go down like nothing. I think the BF engine is the greatest, and I am really looking forward to BF2. :mrgreen:
  5. We are a mixed group... old like me and Chappy, or young like SS6 and Punisher. The diversity keeps us all ion check to make The Armory a fun place for all ages. -_- Shotty...nice pic by the way....I could not resist teasing ya because it was you..."The Shotty". I must say the T-Shirt is a little questionable though, but, well, that's Shotty. :mrgreen:
  6. Were you in one of the "Harry Potter" movies? 8)
  7. TAC members, you can also download from our "Large Download" section here: http://67.19.74.45/Home/index.php?path=Game+Files%2FBF+Vietnam%2FMods%2FPoint+of+Existence/
  8. If you didn't see the News story, here is what it said... I've loaded the POE Mod to the server, and it is currently running at this time. As soon as the "Client" is released, please join me on the POE test server for some moderen action and fun... -_- Server IP: 69.93.1.186:15567
  9. Gator replied to GoLdeN_ShOweR's topic in Gaming
    MacGyver usually does the the scheduling but he is up in the mountains soaking up the clean air. It looks like SS6 will schedule it for him.And lastly, welcome to the TAC forums :mrgreen:
  10. Gator replied to TigerHawk's topic in Main Hall
    You can play BFV with me [TBT]Gen_TigerHawk
  11. Gator replied to RiverRat's topic in Main Hall
    Hello and welcome back RiverRat...I have added you to the Member's area, so check out your "Welcome back" there. Also, please be sure to re-signup HERE... http://www.thearmory.cc/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostWrap&file=index&page=http://www.thearmory.cc/vwar/joinus.php
  12. Gator replied to AZNTWON5's topic in Main Hall
    LOL :mrgreen:
  13. I don't know about your theory Dinko, but seeing multiple guys repelling down the rope is a very very cool feature.
  14. Nice sig, but StateCop does not qualify to display the BFV badge. The BFV badge should only be displayed by players who actually play the game. 8)
  15. Well, thanks TigerHawk :mrgreen:
  16. There is a new Battlefield 2 Clans page link in the "Featured Links" section of the of the website (lower right side). Please click on the link and vote for The Armory website... 1 = poor5= Average10= Outstanding. <---this is what we are looking for 8) Please put as many 10s as you like :mrgreen:
  17. Someone's name was removed from the database...it then causes them to be called a guest.
  18. Hurricane hit Florida...You are experiencing a severe weather storm...you be aight
  19. It stops pop-ups also...and in a very cool way :o
  20. The website's HTML editor was broken, but I got it fixed. Now, when you select "Contribute to Web > Post a News Story"...you will see a pop-up option that says:"Add Visual Mode"Please go ahead and say select "Yes"This will bring up a web tool that enables you to write in HTML code like a word processer. Give it a try, and you will see that it makes writing a News story much easier now. 8)
  21. Gator replied to Gator's topic in Main Hall
    I know TigerHawk I saw you online and had to tell you so you didn't think it was your system again...hehe. :mrgreen:
  22. Gator replied to Gator's topic in Main Hall
    <P align=center><FONT color=#4169e1>This is a test</FONT></P>
  23. If you noticed the pull out menu did not work a while ago, I was working on the website. Still working, but the side menus should work now :o
  24. Gator replied to Gator's topic in Main Hall
    All new STEAM updates have been made...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.