Everything posted by Gator
-
Server Size?
It was using about 60-65 GB a day. This figure was high because it was a free demo and there were a lot of users hitting the server 24 hours around the clock. These numbers would be lower I belive when the actual release comes out. 60GB a day x 31 days = 1860 a month Our allotment = 1200 a month (660GBs over) Bandwidth costs = $50 per 100Gb over $50 - 100GB @ 600GBs over would cost us an additional $300 a month, bring the total server cost to $449.00 a month. I hope this explains our situation. We are presently working on an alternative plan at this moment. We will keep you informed.
-
Bf2 =fa
Not only did I do I barrel roll, I did a few "Loops" last night. Wow, it was very cool, but you almost hit the ground on the bottom end of the loop. Scares the hell out of the gunner though.
-
Good Vid Card to....
Welcome to the forums JohnDoeGamer. :cool:
-
CS:S server?
CS:S Server is back online. :cool:
-
BF2 Tweaking Guide
I found this while searching the internet. It has some good tips for BF2 tweaks... http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html
-
EA Bans 1,000 Servers from Master List
We were one of the ver first servers up and running on launch day, and I have been tracking the numbers each day. Yeserday there were 1700+ servers, and today there are 1900+ servers. I don't thnk this is an accuate statement on the poster's part. We are not unlocking weapons, and have only extended the 32-player map (yes, this map is much larger) so players could have enough time to see how the squad concept worked.
-
Bf2 =fa
I felt the very same thing as you Mac, but I heard some talk about this, and it appears that it takes more rounds to kill because players are simulated wearing more balistic type protection (modern warfare), and depending on the kit you choose, you will have more/less protection than other. I can kill the bunny hoppers, but FA zig-zagger are the worse hitboxes to hit.
- Battlefield 2
- Battlefield 2
- Battlefield 2
- Battlefield 2
- Battlefield 2
-
Bf2 Demo Let The Downloads Commence
Macgyver, could you enter the Game server and download it there. I will set up an FTP for all our folks. Place in a folder named C:/downloads/bf2/. Also, could you contact ne on Ventrilo
-
BF2 Demo Release
I was present during a live interview with Ben Smith EA Games, but first let me answer your questions... -We will be running a Demo server as soon as the files are released. - Ben Smith said that he could not "commit" to a Friday release, because the Demo is still in CQC. He said that it probably would be released sometime this weekend though. Unfortunately, I could not obtain the full transcript of the interview, beause I was about 12 minutes late, and I also exited out of the live chat channel at the end of the interview. Anyway, I have attached what I could in the attached file. Very interesting reading, so here is a large portion of the live interview.... BF2_Interview.txt BF2_Interview.txt
- BF2 Readme
-
BF2 Readme
Well, I will need to read it again. That is a lot of material to absorb. It looks like setting up the server is going to take some work. Oh my :sorry:
-
Client 57 error anyone?
Since the new Half-Life fix, has anyone had the "Steam Client 57" kick error? Please let me know here. Thanks...
-
Sorry for no show on my part yesterday!
Microsoft Anti-Spyware works fine for me.
-
Why I don't play Battlefield.
But you know us Klif...and thats all that matters...
-
Happy Birth Day Marshal!
Happy birthday Marshall.
-
Unseen BF2 videos
Go to this site, and see the ingame videos http://media.pc.ign.com/media/677/677882/vids_1.html The video labled "Video Preview (06/03/2005)" will give you an excellent insight as to how the game is played, and most importantly how the Commander mode works.
- Battlefield 2
- Battlefield 2
- Congrats!
- Google Ads