Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Armory

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gator

Administrator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gator

  1. Vertical Takeoff and Landing aircraft similar to the brits Harrier jet
  2. If you have never seen them, or been to their site, please visit them here: http://www.pointofexistence.com/ Here is a screen shot from the cockpit of one of there many aircraft; The also have a cool video of one of the new jets fighters...here http://www.pointofexistence.com/News14/jsfcockpit.zip
  3. Is this photo coming from your PC? The reason I say this is we have a Gallery you can upload to on the website.
  4. Have a good time Klink, and be safe :mrgreen:
  5. Oh yea, I rememebr that. Thats when we all went AFK to go eat dinner. Glad to see you caught up :mrgreen:
  6. There is a filter, and I will have to adjust it. But first I have to add TBT clan stuff because they have been waiting a long time. After I finnish that, I will change the filter to reflect your clan tag
  7. It depends...does the UF in your tag stand for the University of Florida? IF it does, I can probably help
  8. I will try my best to be there
  9. My ears are wide open Arnie, please PM me when you get a chance.
  10. Great minds think alike...hehe I feel the same as you do chappy. I also feel the pain some players (including myself) feel when the U.S. Forces cannot fend off the choppers, but the new patch should fix it. You also brought up the most important point of all, and that is the "fellowship" we share with everyone. I must admit that when I stopped playing FA, I really missed many players who routinely played on the FA server. I wish I was wealthy enough to have purchased a copy of BF1942 for everyone, but I am just a poor man. I would have done it just so we could all stick together. I truely miss the interaction we shared while playing FA. It started to briefly appear again when we started BFV, but seems to be fading again. I hope to promote BFV in the next few days or so. I guess thats the way things happen sometimes. Fact of the matter is is that there are some who like FA, some who like BFV, and some whom like JO and other games. Not everyone has the same taste in FPS games, but thats ok. The good news is everyone is in a win win situation, and we all have a great selection of games to choose from. :mrgreen:
  11. Great minds think alike :mrgreen:
  12. Things will pick up again Mano...I relocated to another State, and have not been able to play as of late. I hope to get on tonight and play...even if I'm the only one on the server...lol :mrgreen:
  13. For those of you who do not know me, I am Gator, the founder of The Armory Clan <TAC>. I will try to explain the chain of events that have taken place with TAC since we ventured outside of Firearms. This is a very condensed version, as many things have happened in recent times: DESERT COMBAT: Late last year, Macgyver and I were talking one day about different clan issues, and he brought up the topic of an FPS game he played called Battlefield 1942, and in particular, he mentioned a modern warfare mod to BF1942 called "Desert Combat" (DC). I purchased the game and gave it a test drive. Everyone could see that FA was dying a slow death, so we started to look at other games on the market so we could stay together as a group of gaming friends. I entered a large DC server and was truly amazed at how amazingly cool? Desert Combat played. The game was very exciting with fast heart-pounding action. I was amazed at the graphics quality and functionality that literally brought the game to life I was in game shock to say the least. I immediately set up a test server and we started to play DC. More and more TAC members purchased BF1942, so we more or less had an instant following with a large internal player base. BATTLEIELD VIETNAM: It seems we just got started with DC when BF:Vietnam came along. It was a new, it played like BF1942, but had greater functionality a new and improved game engine. StateCop announced the pending release of BF:Vietnam to everyone, so anticipation grew as days passed. I was a little skeptical of BF:Vetnam, because I had just purchased BF1942, and liked to play DC, but I kept an open mind and purchased my own copy of BF:Vietnam. Anyway, Vietnam was released and was an immediately well liked by many TAC members. I shutdown the DC server one day and brought up a BF:Vietnam server to test it out. The server was empty at the time, so I didn't think anyone would mind. Well, a few senior members got a little perturbed at me, and ended up ridiculing me for my actions. Because of this, I went out on my own and purchased an additional server to run BF_Vietnam. Subsequently, the clan as a whole picked up the tab for the server as there were many who enjoyed playing the game. Many of the DC members converted over to BF:Vietnam, so DC was left with a big void of active players. We had just entered into the DC CAL league, so it was a confusing and emotional time for some DC players. The BF:Vietnam players continued to support and play in the DC CAL League, but they eventually the numbers started to drop and fade away into the sunset. I blame that solely on lack of interest and inadequate leadership. JOINT OPERATIONS - TYPHOON RISING: Then, just a few months after we started to play BF:Vietnam, Joint Operations (JO) was released. A few of our TAC members (one in particular) liked it so much; they started to promote it. Players were pulled from our other games and thus created a void in our BF:Vietnam player base. Desert Combat, already hurting for players, was totally and complately devastated, and no longer exisits as an active game for TAC. This was primarily due to lack of participation. Well, I personally tried the JO demo and did not like it, but that's my personal opinion. I noticed a few TAC members making posts promoting JO wherever they could in the TAC forums, so I felt compelled to give my opinion and commentary to these posts as I felt the game was not all what they were claiming it was. This eventually led to an ugly disagreement and subsequent argument between me and a longstanding TAC Senior counsel member. We have spoken since then and have worked things out between us. I was told that the retail version was better, so being open minded, I purchased a copy and gave it a try. It was no different from the Demo, but I did play for a while to see if I could make myself like it Well, it just did not work for me, and I am still a big fan of BF:Vietnam today. There are a number of TAC members that simply love Joint Operations, and just can't get enough of it. It really comes down to personal choice and/or preference. The key word here is choice meaning it is not mandatory for anyone to purchase either of the games to be active in the clan. I would like to, however, recommend that members try the game demos before you make your choice, and do not be influenced by the opinions of a select few. I tried the Far Cry demo the other day and found that to be an awesome game. So where do we go from here? Well, Firearms, BF:Vietnam, and Joint Operations are still very active here at TAC, but I cannot predict the future of any of them. I can say, however, that I personally will be playing BF:Vietnam until the release of BF2 in the spring of 2005. I also look forward to a new BF_Vietnam mod coming out for that will feature modern combat. It's called Point of Existance and sure looks very exciting and cool with modern/experimental aircraft. Here is there link: http://www.planetbattlefield.com/poe/ I also look forward to Battlefield 2 when it comes out. I would like to see TAC move to BF2 when it comes out, and to focus more on one game and not be divided by so many. This will enable for better cohesion amongst the TAC members, and will keep the server populated as it needs to be. Please add you comments
  14. Oh, and I forgot to mention...I have made a new BFV: Custom map that I will be releasing soon. We have been playing the beta version as of recent times, and I have a few more thing to fix on it. I am also waitig for the BFV update 1.1 to come out with the new aircraft
  15. I will be giving you guys a special link for fast download... More information to follow:
  16. I am packing and moving, so if the server go down, please notify us in the forums or write us an email at info@thearmory.cc. I usually monitor the server everyday, but my PC will be in a box You can also go to Ventrilo for a faster response. Look for ClaymoreCarl or Jasun. I recently changed security for the serverrs and have not added all of the admins back again. More will be added next week or so.
  17. Thanks for showing up guys...I had fun...Server has been changed back to default
  18. OK, I am playing the new map again for a few hours, som please join me if you like, The links to the map are listed above
  19. The server was returned to normal map cycle due to lack of interest.
  20. Please join in the BF Vietnam server for yet another test of my great wonderful map "Hidden Village" I have added smarter bots and a few other items. The map is still under design and I hope to have it final sometime in early August. TAC Members can download it from the "Large Files" download link on the left, or click here (password is in TAC Member section): http://67.19.74.45/Home/index.php?path=Game+Files%2FBF+Vietnam%2FMaps+%283rd+party%29%2FHidden+Village/ Non-members can dowbload it here: http://www.thearmory.cc/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=192
  21. Gator replied to Enders's topic in Main Hall
    Have fun and be safe
  22. I already changed the map cycle to mostly normal maps
  23. It seems [TBT] Gen_Tigerhawk is are new No. 1 on The Armory's new FA server (67.19.74.42:27015) as of the atats page generated on 17 July 2004. Congratulations [TBT] Gen_Tigerhawk on you efforts. Who will be tomorrow's No. 1 FA player?...well...we will find out...tomorrow...lol Here is a temporary link to the stats until they get pasted on the main website. http://67.19.74.45/stats/index.php
  24. Gator replied to Paradigm's topic in Gaming
    The map pack will be back up in a few days. Had to remove it becaiuse we exceeded our monthly bandwidth alrteady.
  25. Welcome TXCopper to TAC. You have been around for a while now, so you are not a strange face.See on the BFV server

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.