Everything posted by Gator
-
Doc's going on a field trip to...
Welcome back Doc.... Glad to see you had fun
-
Parabola banned...
Jerkov, thanks for your two cents...This post is closed
-
Parabola banned...
You have been immediately unbanned by me. Sorry for any problems you may have had with the Admin(s) in question. Thanks again for playing at The Armory
-
Parabola banned...
I will check into this...
-
SkYnEt Reports Live!
Good to see you repond back Sky. Let us know when your ready to play and we will be there.
-
Doc's going on a field trip to...
Doc, will you pick up some free games and software for me :)Have a great time and be safe, and let us know how it went when you get back.
-
*POLL* bfv or dc ?
I completely disagree about the choppers, and I think they fly great. I could very easily fly a DC chopper, but I feel the choppers in BF:V are much more responsive than DC choppers. The left/right yoke is horribly slow and sluggish in DC, and the chopper sometimes goes where it wants to...kinda roly-poly you might say. I have flown in several military helicopters in the past, and the BF:V choppers seem much more realistic as to the dynamics of how they actually fly.Also, tanks can easily shoot you out of the sky in DC (easier than a Stinger missile), but in BF:V they cannot. It's all about personal choice I guess, but that is my honest opinion anyways... :)We had just started to get involved with DC (about a few months), before we launched into BF:V, so some of clan members had a certain mindset about DC and did not want to convert. Download the demo's and see what you like best, or just simply buy them both
-
*POLL* bfv or dc ?
IMHO anyway, BF:V is the greatest FPS game in modern history. There is nothing more satisfying than loading up 6 passengers into a Chinook and landing an assault on an objective (capture flag). The game is very reliant on teamwork and strategy. :mrgreen: Here is a screenshot of a player flying with me in the Chinook
-
Final Please: exploiting
Goss, i respect you, and i respect your work. I know you busted your ass to provide CD, a better 2.9, and a number of other things. However, when Mazor claims something is an exploit, or a bug, than i don't care who else says otherwise, it IS a bug, it IS an exploit. Mazor has said it is, i'm not going to say otherwise. And as for Chappy and Shotty, you're able to (at this moment) take out zoom scripts that allow you to see through walls, and kill your opponant using guns. You wouldn't ban me for having a wall hack, and a zoom script? :roll: Oh, and i believe TA was one of the biggest complainers when net-tez was bringing down the TA server due to a bug in the engine that allowed it to be used. They also were the first to say something about arty crashing servers; yet they banned arty because of the bug. -edit- Oh, and for anyone who wants to say mazor never claimed it was a bug: this is for you We most definitely differentiate between scripts (hacks) and normal game files. Any file(s) designed to circumvent the game is NOT authorized. Players will be instantly banned if found to be using any type of scripts. There is no comparison to a player setting up in a sniping position in the game. And yes, we are very concerned about anyone who maliciously attempts to crash the server, and yes, the mortar was temporarily banned because of a major crash bug. In fact, it was the first, and last, weapon ever to be banned on the Armory server. Again, you cannot pull any type of analogies from these instances you described that's just plain silly
-
OBJ DeadRiver
Looks pretty cool....I think we will give it a try. Thanks for letting us know.
-
Final Please: exploiting
Just 3 points: Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Servers that ban players for these so called "exploits", as well as past "Weapons" bannings have lost all but a few players that are left. If other servers keep banning people for this trivial crap, I am afraid to say that FA will be totally dead and gone for good. People should stop whining about "exploits" and just play the game and have fun. Also, the Armory is usually at capacity and is not notmally a "semi-filled" server. Lastly, 3NF, you and Delta are both great players, so I respect your opinions. Please understand that our main goal is so that everyone has a good time. Thanks for your input.
-
Final Please: exploiting
I'm talking about players intentionally moving side to side to avoid getting hit...this is very irritating, and has nothing to do with a speed boost to my knowledge. They are doing everything in there power to avoid getting hit, and always seems to move forward while hitting the strafe left/right keys at the same time.
-
Final Please: exploiting
My biggest complaint (excluding the FAMAS of course) about Firearms is never usually mentioned, nor does anyone ever complain about it. It is predominately used by "skilled" players, and seems to be an accepted "exploit" by most players. I am referring to the dreaded.... [drum roll] Zig-Zagger Exploit This is my biggest complaint of all. I think this is the single most violated "exploit" of them all. People who bind there keys to move in a side-to-side (sometimes circular) motion to avoid getting hit. In fact, I don't believe the hits actually register properly on the receiving player because of the limits in HL. You never, ever, hear anyone complaining or mentioning about people using this "exploit", but most of the "skilled" players use it consistently to avoid getting hit. Even though I do not like it, I would nver ban it or tell a player he cannot use it. Why? Because it is part of the game.
-
Final Please: exploiting
The definition you refer to still stands today, so where is the hypocrisy? The fact is is that I have not found one place where I could not get the other guy and terminate him; thus this is a non-issue. It may take a grenade or an M-79, but he will go down. You may not unable to get him a famas and heavy armor, but a player can reasonably terminate him.
-
Final Please: exploiting
Blowing ammo boxes in spawn You mean. I remember some admin (SC probably) stating, that blowing up ammo boxes on the map (not spawn)was for 'strategic purposes'. I am referring to players who are on the same team as you, and not players from the opposing team. Players from the opposing team can blowup ammo boxes at will...it's part of the game... 8)
-
Final Please: exploiting
Very well said K1Delta....A applaud you
-
Final Please: exploiting
I am reading all this and it all sounds like a broken record, and is basically the same rhetoric I've heard over and over again. The Senior Counsel has discussed these issues extensively, and we came to a few conclusions:1) How do you define an exploit? 2) Who defines an exploit?2) Is one person's idea of an exploit the same as another?3) Should it be the server's responsibility to police these exploits, or should it be the programmers and map makers to correct the issues?3) Once defined (if possible) how do you enforce a suspected "exploit" so all Admins are on the same sheet of music? We had similar problems before where one Admin allowed a player to do whatever, only to be kicked by another Admin who said it was not ok.The term "exploit" is typically used by people who get killed by another and don't like it...simple as that. Some people think they are so damn good, and just hate it when a player kills them for whom they cannot own.We are always open to suggestions to make the game fair and balanced, so please give us some specifics where each "exploit" can be defined so each and every Admin would have a clear...very clear set of instructions on what they need to look out for. Also, remember that Admins also like to play and enjoy the game, and do not want to spend the entire game telling every new "Freshmeat" to get off of a cliff or whatever, or tell him to stand up so he can be shot by those who are "skilled".We have rules already in place...for example- We do not allow spawn camping- We do not allow any actions that would disrupt gameplay like blowing up ammo boxes, etc.- We do not allow swearing (cussing) or name calling to keep the game friendly. I must say that preventing this takes a lot of work just to maintain the peace.I hope I explained my (our) views here. We want you guys to have a fun time, but please examine all aspects of what you are asking. Give us clear and defined "exploits", and not generalizations.
-
need comp help!!
Its a worm...It got on your PC...Follow these instructions from Microsoft to remove it....download their removal tool... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=76C6DE7E-1B6B-4FC3-90D4-9FA42D14CC17&displaylang=en
-
Server down yet again!!
I have never had, or heard of ".exe" errors, so it must be only happening to you. I would suggest reinstalling it. IMHO, and at the present time, BF:Vietnam is the best FPS game in the world. :mrgreen:
-
Picture of SkYnEt!!!!
The "TA Members and Friends" section of the Gallery is reserved for actual pictures of Members and friends...\Thanks
- Server down yet again!!
-
The Current Map Cycle
Where do I get that one from? I have never seen it
-
sgossard34 and clan [S^D] retires
Thanks for the kind words sgodssard34, we sure do like to hear nice comments, especially from an FA legend like you. You were by far the best in Firearms ever to play the game. Any player that has ever played the game has either played against you, or has heard of you. Firearms has one last chance to make it big with the new release of 2.9, coupled with the fact that it will be added to the Steam Update engine. We will just have see...With games like BF1942, America's Army, and the new addition of BF: Vietnam, Firearms will be very hard-pressed to compete against this new generation of games. I personally only play BF:Vietnam these days because it is such a fascinating and fun game. To be able to ride in a jeep or helicopter and shoot at the enemy is a blast.If you decide to play another game outside Firearms, I would recommend purchasing a copy of BF:Vietnam, and join us in the TA BF:Vietnam server. It has everything you always wanted to see in Firearms, but more. I just can't wait to get home from work and play it .it is very cool :)Anyways, good luck to you as you are always welcome at The Armory servers.RegardsGator
-
The Current Map Cycle
I will be changing the map cycle very soon. We try to spice things up a bit by changing the map cycle regularl basis. As you can see by the comments above, some people like certain maps while others do not. We try to please as many as we can, but we cannot please all. Instead of saying that this or that map sucks, please let us know what maps you would like to see.
- ooh nice!