Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Armory

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeadRoach

Armory Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DeadRoach

  1. I've done that actually. You know that bug where your mousewheel doesn't switch weapons in the right direction when your in sprint mode? Yah, happened to me. Reached for M2 after emptying the AKS and got the tracer gun instead. Fired without noticing and was all WTH about it. The kill cam cracked me up though, there he is standing with my tracer dart lighting up his manhood. *cackles* "Hey buddy, you might want to have that looked at" Be aware, you can do it to your own teammates as well. It's a common griefing tactic to shoot your own snipers in the face as it 1) sometimes makes their screen blink red. 2) Lights them up for enemy engies. Something you may want to watch for while admining your servers as the tactic is starting to get around.
  2. There's more - I have yet to confirm this, but I am getting reports that if you use the smoke-grenade perk for vehicles, the resulting smoke actually removes the dart. Or at the very least, scrambles the lock. But it MUST be the vehicle-launched smoke. Apparently, smoke launched from assault rifles doesn't work the same way. (But it's stil excellent cover for covering your squadmate engie repairing that armor I suppose) I've always found myself drawn to the engineer class. Did it a bit in BF:Vietnam, although everybody was doing it when the M60 was an overpowered mess and you had the LAW as your backup weapon. *laughs* Ended up doing it in BF2, but didn't enjoy it that much. The SMG's weren't as good as I liked and I despised that I had to expose myself to use the rocket launcher. BF2142 was the first of the series that I truly enjoyed the Engineeer experiance. They truly got a lot of neat toys. The Engie is ridiculously fearsome in BC2. I almost felt guilty that the M2 Carl Gustov was the first weapon I got a Platnum star in. But yah, at times I get tired of it and go medic. If, for no other reason, to be the only medic on the battlefield using a 870 with 12 guage slugs.
  3. I used the search feature and it came up empty, so don't shoot me if this has been posted before because I tried. I'm posting this because I use tracer darts almost all the time but rarely see any assist points for it. I didn't realize how the whole "tracer dart" system worked until recently myself, so it's quite possible that quite a few of you are not aware how they work. I had assumed that it helped rockets home in on the tagged target, but I was only half right. In order for it to work properly, the RPG or M2 user needs to keep their target reticle on the tracer-dart box until they get a range indicator under the box. That tells you the rocket is locked onto the dart. At this point, you can fire the rocket and it will attempt to home in on the dart. I tried using this by firing straight up hoping it would come straight back down like a Javelin, but this doesn't seem to work. However, I have successfully shot a rocket over and around small fences and hit my target, while remaining completely out of cover. I haven't quite got the maximum fire arc's capable by the two launchers, but the system definatly works. And it seems to work quite well on helicopters as well - provided you can somehow get a tracer on them. My first Traced-RPG shot was on a heli in-flight (how the guy got a tracer-dart on it is beyond me). So there you have it. Next time you are carrying that RPG/M2 and you hear that a target is tagged, give it a try. Get behind a low fence, step back a bit, get your lock, then launch the rocket over the fence. You might be suprised how well it works.
  4. I used to like his stuff when I thought he was at least trying to get his information straight (His Batman review has me roaring in laughter every time I see it). But after I saw him completely miss some obvious plot points in Bioshock 2, I've come to the conclusion he's just "phoning it in" now. Was he spot on about BC2 Single Player? Yup. And I was mildly entertained. Just complaining his quality isn't what it used to be.
  5. It seems my travels among the various games I play has allowed me to cross paths with you once again. I felt it only fitting to drop a polite line thanking you fine people not only providing good servers, but providing good competition. So if you see some guy sticking to your six and dropping rockets into enemy armor by the name of Defiant Wolf, know it's an old friend enjoying your company once again, however brief it will be. Lock and load and watch your six, or the next dogtags I get might be yours.
  6. It's broken up by 4 Tiers. The maximum level attainable is 40. The levels in which you can enter a tier and fight is T1 - 1 to 11 T2 - 8 to 21 T3 - 18 to 31 T4 - 28 to 40 Whenever you enter an RvR battlezone, your combat abilities and hitpoints are adusted up to rank 8, 18, 28, or 38 depending on the tier. You do not gain any new abilities and your equipment still comes into play. This allows a lowbie to enter a tier and contribute as long as they stick with the team. So what happens if you enter a tier lower than you? You get what's called the "Coward's Reward" debuff. All you combat skills are disabled except for autoattack, all you equipment get's disabled, lose all but a handful of your hitpoints, and you get turned into a chicken! (absolutely hilarious!) You can still run around as a chicken, pecking people for 1 hp an attack. Some guilds have had "chicken night" where they invade a lower level zone and attempt to kill single players with a flock of chickens. It's pretty funny to watch. And yes, I did get the game. LOL Got my my Witch Hunter to Tier 4.
  7. I ended up getting the game after all, and I'm loving it. You can find me under the following names.... Ostemark - Order Krecian - T3 Witch Hunter Ravenwolf - T3 Shadow Warrior Kaeldian - T2 Ironbreaker Phoenix Throne - Destruction Ktecian - nearly T3 Witch Elf Kaeldian - T2 Marauder Playtimes : Typically 6 PM EST to all night. I work night shifts now and play all night on my days off... when I'm not playing Zombie Panic. If you guys have been playing on another server and are more or less together, let me know, I don't mind starting another alt.
  8. They'll just skin a new game on the previous engine, charge us full price. No thanks, ain't going near Battlefield ever again. I appreciate the memories I have, but those fond days are done for good. Man, shooters in general have really sucked lately ><
  9. Wife preordered, but I'm not holding my breath. While I loved Mythic's work in Dark Age of Camelot, I despise EA. So I'm gonna see how the game plays for her before I lay any money down for myself. Enjoying the challenge of Eve:Online right now anyway.
  10. Pfft, and here I was proud of myself for finally making it to the hard difficulty. Way to make the old man feel inferior
  11. Only song that gave me fits on the easy setting was Slayer's "Raining Blood". I can't get better than 3 stars on it. I actually did better with the Dragonforce song, but I think it's because I've heard it before and was therefore familiar with it's rythm already. Medium looked like it was going to be easy as well, I busted through the first 3 stages without a lot of hassle. Even the guitar battles weren't too bad. However, I got to the final level and got stuck. I tried tackling Metallica's "One" and did fine right up to the guitar solo.... then got so finger-tied and frustrated I just turned off the game. LOL The part that's giving my fingers the most pain right now is the yellow/blue button chords. For some reason, using the middle and pinky fingers at the same time is painful. At first, I just went with my natural tendency to move my whole hand, but kept missing the buttons (it's not like feeling the frets on a guitar, I quickly discovered). So I tried using those two fingers and that was a mistake ><. My hand still hurts from last nights session of playing Lacuna Coil's "Closer" for practice on that transition. Somebody bought a copy for 9 stacks? Damn, I'd sell mine for 1/3rd of that and not even blink if somebody was buying.
  12. While I await my the results of my RMA of my motherboard, I decided to go ahead and get Guitar Hero 3 for my PS2. My boss brought the PS3 version into work and I got hooked. So anyway, I take this thing home, jam through the easy career without breaking a sweat. Now I am halfway through the medium setting. I just played this game for 3 hours straight! I can't play this game sitting because it don't feel right to play the guitar controller sitting down. I was so into the game, I didn't realize the pain I had put myself through. I am sitting here, the tips of my left fingers completely numb and my legs killing me. I guess that's a good indication how into the game I was.... I didn't feel this pain till I put it down to go check on my homework for the night! My RMA had better get back soon, I'm having fun but I'm not sure how much more of this my body can take
  13. It will be at least another 3 weeks before I can get back into action. While I'll be getting my computer fixed next week, the funds for the purchase of CoD4 may not be available yet. (awaiting a dispersement for my educational grant) However, there is one thing I am very curious about; how does the MP gameplay of CoD4 compare to CoD and CoD2? I liked the CoD gameplay, but was very disappointed in CoD2. I'll be getting the game regardless, but I may hold off on it a month for the price to come down if the MP gameplay is too simular to CoD2. Thanks for your time folks!
  14. I enjoyed it for a couple months. Managed to finish all my training and whatnot. Not sure what rank I ended up with, but when I quit they were deleting inactive accounts after 90 days of inactivity, so I doubt very much my account is still even there.
  15. This game is freakin' awesome. I just wish it was longer. :/
  16. Shadowwolf said what I was going to say about the GDF weapons not being very futuristic I haven't touched the demo much since I got my hands on TF2, but I will still get it in the coming months. I have a feeling I'm going to like it a lot better than the BF series. You see, while I did enjoy BF... the movement of the characters I could never really get into 100 percent. I think it had something to do with the network code... I'm not entirely sure but the timing of the characters always seemed a bit "off" to me. Whereas the Quake engine always felt crisp and "Right" to me even online. So, in QW I get character response I want with the Battlefield gameplay.
  17. I'll be getting both as money permits.
  18. I picked this demo up today just out of idle curiosity. I ended up playing it for several hours. I kinda can't believe I got hooked on it as Quake Arena disappointed me terribly. My first thoughts upon entering the game is it was a Quake version of Battlefield with large, expansive outdoor battlefields and access to several types of vehicles. But those simularities quickly vanished as I delved into the game deeper. I was frustrated with it at first, seeming to die so easily and whatnot. But after awhile, I began to learn the various classes and abilities and started to get into it. Then when I realised that some classes could deploy anything from a infantry turret to several types of artillery batteries and then call on them using a laser pointer... I got really hooked. In addition, the game features an experiance system that allows your character to grow as he fights on the map. This allows for unlocks, depending on what your character is "practicing" If he's an engineer using his repair ability, he can eventually unlock abilities that allow him to repair more effectivly. If you are sprinting a lot, you will eventually learn to run faster. If you use your side arm enough, you start gaining bonus abilities in light weapons... well, you get the idea. At any rate, it appears I'm up to 3 packages I'll be picking up this fall... The Orange Box, Bioshock, and now Quake : Enemy Territory.
  19. The info is appreciated. It appears I have all of those requirements with some wiggle room to spare
  20. DeadRoach replied to Gator's topic in Gaming
    I picked up Company of Heroes because of that demo offered on Steam. I'm now completely hooked on it. The upcoming expansion for it is in open beta right now. Call of Duty is on my "Must Buy" list. I'll be getting it when it releases if money permits. I should hopefully have enough saved up after I make my purchase of the new Halflife 2 Episode, Portals, and Team Fortress 2.
  21. I USED to play that game. Got bored with it and moved on to Vanguard instead. I can't believe I missed that episode, I'll have to look it up
  22. I just scanned over the posts, but my take on this is this situation 1) People get shocked, horrified, ect 2) We'll start blaming the gun culture, video games, immigrants, the government, parents, teachers, President Bush, global warming, El Nino, hurricane Katrina, and various other conspiracy theories. 3) Several artists will write songs about it 4) Politicians will beat their chests and start passing stupid laws that don't accomplish anything 5) American's everywhere will notice the newest article in the tabloids about Anna Nicole Skank's second cousin's dog's drug habit and how it killed the wench and everybody will forget about the incident. End of story. I'm not racist.... I just hate the whole damn human race. That absolute most idiotic lifeform on the planet.
  23. What you don't understand, the reason I AM playing Vanguard IS because of the steeper learning curve and the higher system requirements. I'm looking to get away from all the kiddies who have completely dumbed down the average MMO like WoW and bring back my days of old school Everquest where you actually had to be good at your class to get anything out of the game. WoW, and everything else, is like playing Whack a Mole... there's no challenge to it anymore. But hey, different strokes for different folks. I will be passing this link on to those I feel will like it though.
  24. Ehh, I'm in Vanguard right now. Got tired of the "Chuck Norris Kiddies" in WoW. Vanguard is a helluva lot more challenging. I'll pass this on to my wife tho, she was kinda interested in trying that game.
  25. While I enjoyed BF2 greatly, I would much prefer to stay with 2142 the few times I break away from Vanguard to play a shooter. In the BF series, I often feel forced to play the vehicle killer classes... and 2142 is the first one ever that I have truly enjoyed playing that class. If I could bring a Pilum AVR to BF2, I would be a very happy camper. LOL

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.