Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Armory

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gator

Administrator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gator

  1. Its nice to see the many opinions here. My view on the whole mess is this...1) I was always against the invasion of Iraq, and I still think it was a big mistake today. It was a big mistake that has now cost many American and British lives. We should have handled it differenlty. I think we should have just warned Saddam that if he used WMD, he and his country would be vaporized (nuked) and removed off the face of the earth. It would have been a simple push of a button, and no American or Brittish lives lost.2) Now, that we have entered into this mess (Iraq), we need to encourage other countries to get off their dead ass and start helping these people (Iraqs) build a free and democratic society. It seems that all the non-participating countries (countries other than the US and UK) are always pointing fingers and saying what should or should not have been done, but they all expect the US to carry the burden.3) Somebody here metioned that the US prevented all of Europe from Hitler rule, and that was long ago, and things are different now. Well, that is not true, and Saddam was a prime example of another Hitler. You forget that Saddam invaded a nearby country and was about to invade Saudi Arabia until we stoped him. I only wish we could have handled the "new" Iraq situtaion in a non-combative way.4) Someone here quoted how many Iraq lives were lost during the war vs. how many Americans were lost during the 911 attacks at the World Trade Center. Well, you failed to mention how many mass graves have been uncovered in Iraq, as well as how many other lives have been lost to terrorist organizations all over the world. 5) Someone here metioned the fact the the U.S is to agressive towards other nations. Well, my view is this...the U.S. should pull all their troops out from around the world and bring them back to American soil. I think we should just stay here and protect our own country and leave the other countries alone. If someone invades us, we just simply remove their country from the face of the earth. If they leave us alone...no problem...we will not harm them. 6) When another country is in trouble, do not call on the US for help, go call on the United Nations. Let them help ya out. Let France, Canada, or some other non-combative country take the lead and make the world a better place. Let them pay for it in lives, money, and pain and suffering. Yes, just let someone else do the dirty work, so the Americans can sit back and do the finger pointing.Anyway...these are my views..
  2. Read Macs post on installing STEAM. His tutorial is very indepth and I think it will get you going
  3. Thanks, but we can get you even higher
  4. Nice Work Mac
  5. Gator posted a topic in Main Hall
    Hi Donut, We are not using CD at this time because of all the issues with STEAM. Once everyone has got a good feal for STEAM and 2.8, we will turn CD back on. Until then, do not use CD while on the Armory server. When we turn CD back on, I will make an annoucement on the main page.
  6. Gator replied to TheDynamo's topic in Main Hall
    Welcome to the TA forums TheDynamo,I think you will find folks around here to be very frindly and helpful. See ya on the server.
  7. I have added a STEAM install tutorial for those who have had problems installing. Please give you feedback here. Here is the link http://www.fa-thearmory.net/steam.htm
  8. Gator replied to Macgyver's topic in Gaming
    Check this out Mac http://www.fa-thearmory.net/steam.htm
  9. Gator replied to Macgyver's topic in Gaming
    I also have just spent 3 hopurs testing different install methods and I founf one that works perfect. I also will be posting one soon.
  10. There is a slight bug in the attachments program, but a new release will be out soon. It should fix the probem
  11. I have been visiting their forums, and someone has made an FA fix for the current version. The only problem is that is didn't work and had errors. I am still working the issue.
  12. I'm working on it Jasun. The stats would look for WONIDs, but now GIDs (Global IDs) used by STEAM. Keep checking back....I WILL get them up and running
  13. Well, at least this is a start so we can troubleshoot this thing
  14. Hi SAM, we will work with you to get you set up :)I have temporarily turned off CD for the time bieing until we get this mess all corrected
  15. Well unfortunately all server will be required to go to STEAm, because they are going to pull the plugs on the WON servers soon. We decided to convert now so we could have all the bugs worked out instead of trying to srable at the last minute.
  16. make sure you are configured as shown above
  17. Try these simple instructions first. If you don't have nay luck, please post below. Chances are others have had the same problem http://www.firearmsmod.com/steam.shtml
  18. Read my announcement on the main page and it will explain all you are asking here. There is nothing qrong with 2.8, but rather with metamod. When they have a new release, they usually add new "entities" to some funtions that enable you to have a better affect. Like the medivac choppers in 2.65, they also required an "entity" addtion to the Metamod.dll. If we turn off CD and Amdinmod, we can have the remington, or we can wait a few days or so until they get the new metamod release. Until then, I would recommend not selecting the Remington
  19. No, when you installed STEAM and RC2.8, you sound defaults to EAX and some other effects. Just go to the sound tab and remove the check. CD Quality is all you will need.
  20. Catdady...get in contact with KingPin...he can help guide you through
  21. Hi Dragus, Draak We don't usually have many matches, but when we do, we try to let everyone know. I will try to post something in the forums or on the main website to announce the event. You are a regular at TA and we like your company Also, we will be looking at new recruits in about a week or so. We are also looking at having some a new "TA Regulars" who will be able to share in some our private events. Thanks for you're voicing your concern. We always strive to make things better for all Regards, Gator
  22. Gator replied to Wellsy's topic in Main Hall
    :shock: :mrgreen:
  23. Gator replied to Wellsy's topic in Main Hall
    CAL? Who cares? Many are jealous of this clan because they see us playing and enjoying the game. Many friendships are gained from it as well. Yes, those clans have some pretty good players who know how to click a mouse and a keyboard. I would challange any of them to a real firing range any day of the week ...even at my old age. :mrgreen: We entered CAL for some competition, yes, but we mainly entered it for fun....this is not a life's profession. Nice try Kami
  24. I will be at the local pub avoiding all the Trick-or-Treaters :mrgreen:P.S. Halloween brings out the crazys, so everyone be careful and have fun. Well, al least we know where Kami will be, so the streets should be safe for a while
  25. Gator replied to Jarex's topic in Main Hall
    Very nice...I like

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.