Everything posted by Gator
-
Lost CD Key - What I did to recover it
My BF2 was acting kind of funky lately, so I decided to do a reinstall. After uninstalling, I realized that I had lost my BF2 case with the CD key, so I stared checking Best Buy and Circuit City to buy another. Before I decided to actually go out and buy another copy, I decided to research the web first to see if I could find some assistance in obtaining another. I knew the "key code" was lisited in the system "registry", so I searched Google to find out where it was located. I found a post in a forum that described where it was located, but when I checked, it wasn't there. I then searched and searched the registry using "Find", but no CD key could be found. I was still determined to find an alternative to buy another copy, so I searched again. After reading an article from a commericial gaming site, it appears that EA Games encrypted the "key code" as part of their last 1.03 patch, so that explained why I could not locate it. As you can see, this new finding managed to put me back to square one. I gave it some careful thought, and remembered that I could simply use the Windows XP "System Restore" and return my PC back to the state it was prior to the 1.03 patch. Well I did it, and POOF, there it was my $50 "key code". I have since copied it to several locations in the event something happens again. I am also going to make a backup copy of the DVD as well. Lesson learned... write your CD Keys down and place them in a safe place, or, maybe a few places. :peace:
- howdy
-
Hey people
One FA night would be nice as well. :peace:
-
FA server?
Actually, FA would have never been turned off, but the company we rent from does not support the game. It was through a lot of great difficulty that we were able to bring it back to life. It's nice to have a variety of games we can periodically bring up for our members. Firearms, although no longer supported here, was added to give our members a periodic break from BF2. We provide other games as well, and will continue to do so in the future, but our mainstay is Battlefield 2. When Firearms 2 is released, we will bring up a server for that as well.
-
Saw this and had to post it...
One of my weapons of choice ...ahh the M203
-
BF2 Idiot Awards
Very funny ...Nice find TigerHawk
-
i have 2 questions
When you first login to the game, at the login screen, you will seee a place to put you "(=A=)" tag. You only have to do it once, and that will do it. Here is a cool link to find all TAC players and their PID (Player ID) <--- it's actually doing a search, so be patient unitl the screen loads. This will give you all names of the TAC Members http://www.bf2now.com/pidsearch.php?q=%28%3DA%3D%29&Submit=Search
-
**** to battlefield..INCOMING!!
Battlefield 2 is the base game Battlefield2: Special Forces is an addon pack. Make sure you have the proper system requirements before you purchase. :peace:
-
Map Cycle - 4 Nov 2005
mapList.append strike_at_karkand gpm_cq 32 mapList.append gulf_of_oman gpm_cq 32 mapList.append sharqi_peninsula gpm_cq 64 mapList.append fushe_pass gpm_cq 32 mapList.append mashtuur_city gpm_cq 64 mapList.append dalian_plant gpm_cq 32 mapList.append operation_clean_sweep gpm_cq 32 mapList.append dragon_valley gpm_cq 32
-
FA maps
It's awsome, and takes FPS to the "max" with modern combat. It's not for the meek and mild, and adds a new dimension to gaming. FA was the greatest FPS in its time, and still remains fun to play today, but BF2 will take you to a whole new level in FPS that encourages the use of "Teamwork". Great fun!
-
FA maps
Cool. We ned to get you to buy BF2, and start playing with us. :peace: You would really like the game I think... :peace:
-
FA maps
Nice collection ScaryGuy. I sure would like a copy of your URL file and file contents if you have it available (zipped) :peace:
-
The Ultimate Keyboard... and ultimate cool!
Nice looking keyboard. I would like to have one, but I wonder about the durability the most. Keyboards take a pounding ...especially during gaming (more so when you are losing :peace: ) :peace:
-
Made new account says joined in 1969
Birth date maybe :peace:
- BF2 Stats software....
-
My first BF2 movie
Nice work Tigerhawk. It was very entertaining.
-
use any characters for prefix, including <>
Can you remove the <TAC> though? Wouldl that be possible?
-
Nice Admin Job...Appreciate the total bias
I am the server administator, and I can tell you that the server auto-banned you. We are working on ways to increase the numbers so TKs will not be so easily punnished. If you have problems with TKer's, please contact an Admin and they will be delt with appropriately.
-
Check out this new FA server
Check out this new FA server I found 70.86.73.62:27015 THE ARMORY (=A=)
-
BF2 Spec Ops Expansion Q&A
Thanks for the info K2. It looks like it may be a lot of fun. We also have a new poll about the purchase of the expansion pack, so get your vote in.
-
Battlefield 2: Special Operations Expansion Pack
Do you have plans to buy it?
-
Check OUT my site
Nice looking site JPennStar. I know all the hard work involved in maintaining such a site. Goof luck to ya
-
Banned, thanks to idiots
We are looking at trying to disable this function. We get banned also...
-
DoD Source Server is now Operational
Oops, I shut it down while I was was working on a special project. It's back up now Arnie...
-
YAY 56k warning
Congratulations Bangbang ...I wish you the best of success.