Everything posted by Gator
-
Stats gone wild?!?!
I am working on them Doc...there seems to be a descrepancy in how it computes the stats. Should have them back up today
-
A DC video clip
Very cool Carl...is there anyway in the program you used to increase video performance?
-
I got my Battlefield Vietnam!
Let us know if the graphics are a little easier on the system.
-
late night pc port ping attacks
We do listen to our friends, so all IP addresses have been removed from the FA Stats pages.
-
Firearms 2!
Good luck....when will it be ready?
-
Fast map downloads now running on FA Server
It caches as you download, so there is no problem...it truely wroks great
-
obj_sweden
The server is set to download maps now at fast speeds, so you no longer need to worry about downloading from website :)This is a new feature with Steam
-
YAY Steam (Sarcastic)
logout of you system and back in again
-
Steam- Theft of Bandwidth
You can turn the autoupdate off for those games.
-
Fast map downloads now running on FA Server
We have always talked bad abnout Steam, but with newer features, Steam is starting to prove itself as an asset rather than a contining problem. Steam recently added a new feature "sv_downloadurl" for fast map downloads that is really paying off in big dividends. Before the new Steam feature, when a player didn't have a map on the mapcycle, he/she was forced to download the map at a slow "trickle" rate. This caused the player to wait as long as 30 minutes for the download to complete. Now, FA has newer and larger maps that have grown from 1-2 MB, to new maps like ps_sweden that are almost 18MB in total file size (map, plus .bsp, and associated files). Now, with the invent of the new Steam "sv_downloadurl", we are able to force the map downloads directly from our web server, and not from the game server. Because of this new feature, players can enjoy blazing fast map download speeds never seen before. They can download the map and join the game in about a minute or so depending on their network connection.The Armory server can now host many new (and old) maps that will add new flavor to our FA experience. The map cycle was changed today, and several new and old maps were added. In the future, you will see many new maps being played on the server. Be sure to comment on what maps you would like to see played.
-
Sorry if I havent been around
Well, hey Can you spot me $20.00 until payday? :mrgreen:
- New Sig
- TA Server
-
Is it true (TA closes FA) ?
Well thanks Laertes... Have a nice FA day :mrgreen:
-
Did I miss something..?
Nothing to do with the event type, but rather with respect. I don't think it was much to ask for :shock:
-
TA vs DoL results
The issue involved a lot of people and we were not completely sure who was involved, so we temporarily banned DoL players until we could get things cleared up. Alll bans were lifted with the exception of the guilty parties involved. My apologies to all DoL members for this unfortunate incident.This thread is now OFFICIALLY CLOSED
-
Is it true (TA closes FA) ?
Hi Arnie,FA is here to stay at The Armory. Firearms is a fun game, and most of us still enjoy playing it. I made comment in another post to make a point, and I think it worked and grabbed everyone's attention. See you on the server,Regards,Gator
- TA vs DoL results
-
TA vs DoL results
When you kick and ban the 2nd in command of TA from your server and call him names before and after a match.....I WILL NOT TOLLERATE THAT EVER. Macgyver is not only the 2nd in command of TA, but he is also my friend, and I am mighty damn pissed right now over this incident. I very much like Wellsy, Reed, and a few other memebrs of DoL, and this will only be temporary until we resolve the TA bashing and disrecpect issue.
-
This is the last straw.
To get a virus, you must receive it through email, or you downloaded something from another sorce. Gaming does not cause viruses. I use Norton Anti-virus and I never get viruses. Be careful what you doenload. Make sure it is from a good source.
-
Ok what the crap is this?
If thats the Helicopter training map...well...it is a crappy map and it just looks like thatfor training only
-
Stats
When I had to reconfigure all the DC setting by-hand, I forgot to turn on logging, so the logs will be starting today. I will (or Claymore Carl) will ersae the few prior logs. Good news is that the server is now tweaked for optimum perfomance, and the stats will be coming back to the site as CalymoreCarl is going to make it happen. Thanks Carl
-
Hello [TA]
Welcome Shooter, and thanks for the nice comments. We try our best to keep things friendly, fair, and balanced. See you on the server soon.
-
Include the map ps_outlands in cycle
Yes, it is banned, but I thought they fixed that already :shock:
-
Yankee or Dixie? Funny test
73% :shock: Go figure