Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Armory

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeadRoach

Armory Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DeadRoach

  1. Dude, that background is awesome! I decided to copy it and use it myself, that is just great!
  2. DeadRoach replied to Donut's topic in Main Hall
    Regardless of political affiliation or belief, these kind of acts are an abomination to every decent human being out there. Just as the peaple of the world stood by us on Sept 11 those years ago, the world shall stand by Britain now! This world must remain united and find a way to root out and destroy these terrorists!
  3. If you are in BF2, it might take awhile as our server isn't very active right now. The way it works, is we play with you on our servers for a bit and see what kind of PERSON you are. Skill is not an issue other than teamplay:) If we like you, your in. Just be patient.
  4. Isn't the AT upgrade the Jackhammer Carl was raving about? Everybody who talks about that shotty loves it.
  5. DeadRoach replied to DEFCON's topic in Gaming
    I never said Engies needed help, I'm just saying that compared to their counterparts, they kind of got the wrong end of the stick.
  6. Thanks for taking the time to come by and say hi. I suppose the appropriate thing to do in the near future is get on the FA and give you a proper welcome with the business end of my Saiga 12k!
  7. BF:2 is my main game atm... however I still dust off BF:V, CS:S, and yes even FA occasionally. Nice to go back to older games with better systems and see how they run
  8. Okay guys, I'm curious of your impressions. Most of us have unlocked our first weapons now. I'm curious to know how you feel about your choice. Give us the whole lowdown down to your impressions about accuracy, control, and terminal performance! I'll start off... as the support man, I went with the PKM. A fellow brother Support man in another forum had stated to his fellow resupply friends "If you like support as your main class, the PKM will not disappoint you". He was right. Granted, it does has it's issues. Unless your prone and sighted in, it can't hit the broadside of a barn. And compared the the US SAW, it's rate of fire is slower than a snail. However... The thing hits like a freakin' BEAST! It takes considerably less hits to get your kill, and I seem to bring helicopters to smoking and retreating much faster than I ever did with any other LMG. The accuracy thing is not hard to get around. If your Prone, sighted in, and fire in short bursts, the accuracy is adaquate enough to get the job done up to about one average game city block away. And since this is the style of play I used with the other LMG's, I didn't have much adjustments to do. In fact, my kill rate has gone UP due to the fact my shots hit alot harder and my accuracy with the new weapon hasn't suffered much using this technique. Full auto on this weapon should never be used except in close up combat (aiming at the waiste if the opponate is at extreme close range and the two of you is running around like idiots seems to be most effective in this situation) or trying to take down a vehicle. One last thing... it just sounds freakin' cool. Nice and meaty! This thing fires you think "Oh yah! this is gonna freakin' hurt!)
  9. DeadRoach replied to DEFCON's topic in Gaming
    I think the engie's got shafted a bit with their specialist ability. As a Support or Medics, all they have to do is drop their bags and if a teammate who needs a little life or ammo walks over it.... BAM, instant point. Engies don't have such luck :/
  10. Took care of it. Wish I could change the name in my profile to carry the clan tag.... BAH! *chuckles* we have 161 resupply points.... you guys realise that 116 of those are from me alone? *evil cackle as picks his PKM and gets back to the fight*
  11. I can't get the link to work :peace:
  12. Bah, I have half a mind to suggest we just run a ranked server if we could find a halfway decent provider. That way we can play the TAC way and get our ranks at the same time... but I think that's the "Dark Side" calling again. :peace:
  13. We actually do the Steambans procedures and submit them for review. Wel... most of the other admins do anyway. I have a tendency to be impatient and just kick the smacktards off the server without giving them time to play :peace:
  14. Only unranked server I've played on is our own, so I was not aware of that. And the only reason I play on ranked servers so much is because our own server is EMPTY most of the times I checked... what gives? That brings me to ask... why was it so easy to fill our CSS server and not BF2 server? BF2 is a far superior game! Why aren't we supporting our own server and playing on it? For goodness sake, we dont' need to play on ranked servers to get our pretty guns, why not unlock them and play here where we have control of them??
  15. Long as I'm not working, you'll have me and my PKM there.
  16. I agree that it is too much, but I don't think this guy is factoring in to his calculations the fact that anybody who comms long enough in a game earns double points. But even then, that's 6 years and that's waaaay too much. Things that take too long turn me off. This is why I don't play EQ much anymore. I think after I get Corporal and get another 2 weapon unlocks I'm not spending time on the ranked servers anymore. 2 years for the average gamer, 1 for the hardcore should of been max in my book.
  17. I unlocked the PKM since most my points are from the support class. Accuracy seems decent, ROF is lower, but the thing hits like a beast!
  18. Last night I made Lance Corporal, but didn't get my weapon unlock until I logged off for about an hour and logged back in. It seems to take longer for the BF stats to catch up on my sig tho.
  19. I've been spending time on the ranked servers usually because the TAC server is empty. There are some incredibly good players on those servers, and I think I've come out of it a better player as a result. It's no suprise to me that the AT class seems to be the most common, as is medic. But if you want to know the truth... you know how I wracked up points quick and advanced thru the ranks quickly? It's thus.... when I found a squad that was working together and didn't have a Support man, then I played support. After every fight I'd drop all my ammo bags on the guys running low and get a point for each man resupplied. I've won both a Gold Star and my Resupply badge on ONE MAP! I scored 40 some teamwork points, a measily 10 kills, and still had the best score on the map just from resupplying guys. Medic is an excellent combat class. You get a good assault gun for anti-infantry and the ability to self-heal and heal/revive teammates for extra points. Everytime I sprint as a medic, I pull out the medpack (as I can't shoot anyway) and let the self heal take effect while I'm sprinting. I won my Combat Ribbon, Lance Corporal, and another Gold Star as a lone wolf medic today (all the squads were brain dead on the server). The game truly does shine when you got squads working together, however. As much pride as I had in doing what I do best in the BF franchise (hitting the dirt and pounding the living hell out of my fellow grunts), getting into a group working together and having a good laugh is what makes it best.
  20. Heh, I got 3 cats, seen it all. I got a good chuckle out of it, harmless fun. I remember when a friend of mine's cat was playing around with some plastic grocery bags while my friend was putting away the groceries. She got her tail hooked around one of the bags handles. Of course, feeling something on her tail, the cat bolted.... with the bag following still attached right behind her.... which made her run harder... which made the bag rattle louder.... which paniced the poor animal further as she tore thru the house knocking things down trying to get away from this thing attached to her tail making all these strange noises! My bud and I were helpless, laughing our assess off so hard we couldn't breath while his wife tried to catch the poor animal and calm her down.
  21. Oh, I can top that.... I was trying to earn my Engineer Combat Badge, and to help with my kills I was using AT mines liberally. Keep in mind that the BF2 engine allows your teammates to see your mines and C4 THRU THE WALLS with little skulls.... You guessed it, one of my teammates hits my mine and decides to PUNISH ME. He was the jerk who wasn't paying attention to where he was going.... sheesh!
  22. DeadRoach replied to DEFCON's topic in Gaming
    Just a comment on tanks being indestructable.... Just like Desert Combat and BF1942... damage done to a tank is dependent on where you hit it. You hit it right up front on the mantle of the turret, of course it's going to take alot of hits to destroy it... that's where the armor is thickest. Try hitting the back of the turret, or even the back of the body. The crease between the body and turret should also be weak as well. I've also found that the armor seems weakest from the top. A AT rocket on the top of the tank (usually on the backside where the turret would cover the body if it was straight) will do hardcore damage to said tank. Most of my armor kills have been a shot from the second or third floor of a building to the top of the tank.
  23. Terry Bogard of the "Fatal Fury" series. Always seeking to be better, has a little brother who always seeks to best him, has long hair like I used to, and just wants the simple life but keeps getting sucked into big conflicts he really wanted nothing to do with.
  24. DeadRoach replied to Enders's topic in Gaming
    My computer is "modest". I run a 1.66 ghz AMD processor with a new Audigy 2 Sound card and a Radeon X700 Vid card. The game performs fairly well on maps with 20-30 player count maps on the following settings. Sound - Hardware Acc, with Medium Quality and EAX on (will probably turn EAX off for better FPS) Video - 800X600 with a low Refresh rate, Medium settings across the board with Dynamic Lighting, Shadows, and one other feature I really don't need turned off. Only time I start to "chug" on my framerates is in intense battles with an estimation of about 20 peaple or more in the immediate area. My choke is oviously on the processor. I haven't seen the name tag bug in the retail release of the game, but I did see it in the demo.
  25. Jeezus.... I mean, dude, WTF??? LOL I will have to bring my monk to be a rezzer and see this for myself. Jeez. LOL

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.