Everything posted by DeadRoach
-
EQ does a "welcome back" promotion.
There are better MMORPGs out there to be quite honest. But my wife adores the game and I'm not gonna argue with free game time. I'm trying to stand firm on my decision to NOT buy EQ2 but the wife seems bound and determined she wants to play it
- Welcome New Members
-
I got my Battlefield Vietnam!
If it's the computer, I'm going to junk the damn thing and get a T-Bird that just needs heads we already have for it put on.
-
EQ does a "welcome back" promotion.
Wife got an email explaining that former subscribers to the highly addictive-time intensive MMORPG get 30 days to play the game free this month. Acting on instinct that my own email may have changed since the last I played we checked my account as well and found it activated.So it looks as if I may be playing that game every once in awhile. If you play on Tunare, give Ravenwulf or Keddera a hollar.
-
I got my Battlefield Vietnam!
I am delaying my purchase until I get an estimate on the repairs of my Chevy. Mechanic is supposed to pick it up tomorrow. From what I hear, it may be something as stupid as a 2 dollar sensor. However, they won't know until they hook it up to their diagnostic computer and check.Anyway, if the repairs turn out to be under 300 bucks, I'll probably go ahead and get the game.
-
Battlefield Vietnam ships!
Wife said she wants to drive the jeeps, they look like fun :)In fact, she said that while viewing the trailer. And no sooner she said that the jeep got shot by an RPG going across the bridge. Her comment was "Yup, that'd definatly be me alright"
-
Okay, now I'm STEAMed
twice now I've had to cancel the download of CS and that expansion. And I NEVER ASKED FOR THEM TO DOWNLOAD THESE.If this crap doesn't end, Valve is going to perminently lose me as a customer. Stuff getting stuck on my computer without my permission is unacceptable behavior.
-
Cheap, Or Just Plain Retarded?
They should start knocking it's damage back just a hair. Maybe 25 percent, and see how it pans out. I don't mind the lack of recoil, bu the damage is ridiculously high for an automatic rifle. Sure, it's realisticly accurate, but gameplay must always come before realism.
-
Ah man, of all the rotten luck!
The one time I'm allowed to represent my clan in a match I desperatly wanted to be a part of, the extension chord that carried the power for my modem got kicked out of the power stick it was plugged into by my 4 year old playing on the computer next to me 10 SECONDS INTO THE MATCH. I'm not mad at my boy, it's really my fault for not securing that wire better.By the time I trace the wires and restart the computer, my place was (rightfully, I understand why they did it) already filled by a backup.Just my rotten luck. I hope you guys give em hell for me.
-
Talk about a new DC spawn camping rule...
I think that tanks are indeed the real issue. And to a lesser extent, aircraft on maps like Bocage. I hate trying to make a set of rules for each map tho, I'd like to see things kept simple.With simplicity in mind, this is what I'd like to see.No spawn camping PERIOD. (This will eliminate the turning flag and didn't notice excuse)Snipers are okay long as they are actually "Sniping" (Eliminating one taking a tank there and saying "but I'm a sniper, I'm allowed")If you are shot down over a base, make a fighting retreat and don't linger. (one server had a "Run for your life, don't fight back" rule that I thought was stupid)Artillery strikes are allowed (Howitzers don't fire fast enough and usually rocket artillery is easy to find and has a sizable gap between barrages too)I have only one issue left, what if peaple use a long range weapon from their spawn? My feeling is you should be able to take them out. But that may cause problems with peaple crying "This guy is spawn camping" thus causing Admins to have to mediate. Thus it's my contention that we may have to have to consider not allowing peaple to use artillery or other long range weapons from the safety of their uncappable spawn except to defend it against snipers.On a side note, the reason I would allow Snipers is first of all, they can't stop the team from leaving if the player is intellegent enough. Second off, they discourage plane camping which I hate when 1/3 the team is doing it. A good sniper discourages this behavior. :)And Norm... yes war is hell. But in war you don't respawn. You die, it's game over. This isn't war, this is a game. But yes, just because it's just a game doesn't mean we shouldn't show consideration for the living breathing peaple who play it. Spawn camping causes alot of bad feelings, which is why the issue needs to be dealt with if we're going to have a productive and popular server without our admins having to stop their playing to referee every 5 minutes.
-
Can i keep this sig?
I'd say that's political myself, but I'll leave it to the SC to decide
-
Calling all car smart folks
Isn't that the "ignition coils"? The thing we replaced was a long black box that had plugs for all six cylinders. That what you are refering too?
-
Calling all car smart folks
Has 3/4 a tank of gas you freak. LOL :)It's an electronic ignition and timing, no rotors as everything is electronic.
-
Calling all car smart folks
Okay, here's the issue. I have an early 90's Chevy Cavilier Z24 6 cylinder that won't fire. It worked fine till a couple days back. Now, it'll turn over but not fire up. I turn the key, I can hear the gas pump kick in, so I know it's not that. Air filter is new and the airways are not clogged. I tried seeing if I can get spark from a plug, and found that that seems to be the problem.... I'm not getting any fire.After some thinking, father inlaw and I figured it was probably the Ignition Coils which are buried behind alot of crap and costs 70 bucks. Replacing that didn't work. We checked the fuses to see if the computer is not getting power as well, they're all fine.The thing was showing signs of electrical problems for some time in the form of smoke when the heater fan is turned on high.At any rate, I'm not sure what it could be other than a bad wire or the cars computer gone to hell. Any ideas?Damn, wish I could afford to just take it to a shop. grah!
-
G36E mods? are their any good 1nes out thier?
I've capped Mazor in the head using a g36 Killed him in one shot. So yes, g36 will kill in one shot if you hit them in the face, just like any other weapon.Calling the g36 a auto SVD is not an accurate statement. And I would call niether n00b weapons. But I don't call the FAMAS a n00b weapon either. And quite frankly, I'm sick to death of peaple calling x weapon a n00b weapon.No, I don't use them. I'm a Sterling/12k rusher. Oh, I forgot, autoshotties are n00b weapons too. :roll:
- Best MBT
-
May I say something?
That's usually when I go hunting
-
TA vs DoL results
Falcon came very close to feeling my boot on the DC server saying the crap he did about Mac. But I decided to just let him vent. After seeing this, wish I banned his sorry butt.
-
Best MBT
I think Iraq showed you can have good hardware but still get outgunned by somebody better trained and better motivated. Iraqi's did have some good armor fielded, our troops were just better trained and coordinated.Never underestimate Russian equipment. That stuff was made specifically to face American equipment. Whoever said Russian equipment sucked needs to get his head checked. Russians know how to make something cheap, easy to maintain, and yet still be battle effective.Just because equipment carries the US star, doesn't automatically make it superior. It's the crews that drive the equipment that make it shine.Keep up the info in this post, I eat this kind of stuff up. If you can't post anything more constructive than "That stuff sucks", kindly stifle yourself.
-
DoL members in general
..... Snauhi, you aren't helping DoL's case with an attitude like that. Take a deep breath and calm down.
-
[AA] fun match
I met Craca last night on a BF 1942 server. He and I along with a couple other peaple were coordinating attacks on our side. We had some good teamwork going on. Of course, after he started recruiting BF1942 and DoD players, I got curious and asked if he played DC or FA. Seeing as he does play some DC and he seemed like a decent guy, I invited him to come visit us sometime :)I see he took me up on the offer. hehe
-
Bo Trying.....Bo Failing....
I think you're screwed bro. I can't think of any way to get around that without reinstalling the game..
-
DoL members in general
Nice to finally see some respectable peaple. My opinion has changed dramatically over the last month because of stuff like this, keep it up.I started out having a bad opinion of you guys when I saw Falcon flaming us and some of your guys jumping in. That was several months ago, and obviously things have changed or that was just an isolated incident. I don't hold you in such low regard anymore.I'll try to make it to the next match we play, lookin' forward to playin' ya.
-
Sidearms
Only time I've carried a sidearm is if I'm sniping.... which is so rare I just said never :)My usual loadout is full heavy, Sterling (with Noma first now, instead of Mark 1), bandages, and a Claymore.If I'm playing a map with alot of long distance work like Durandel or Marie, then it's full Medium, G36, Claymore, and Bandages with Mark 1Medic is full heavy, Saiga 12k, Claymore, First Aid.Unfortunatly, I'm too much of a rusher to use anything else. I want to get up close, dodge, and spray.FAMAS=instant death for me. The clip on both it and the Uzi are too small to be of any use for my style.
-
Played firearms for the 1st time
Little do you know he's been already whining to me that FA needs a P90