Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Armory

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeadRoach

Armory Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DeadRoach

  1. That's sony for ya, that's why I don't play Everquest anymore.It's my understanding Jedi's are very very powerful in this game. Won't be easy to bring those 2 down.
  2. I only use 2 configs, both full heavy armor and a claymore. One config uses a Sterling, extra bandages, and Marks 1 (then Noma, then depending on my mood M2 or Stealth). My other config is Saiga 12k, First Aid 1 and 2.I'm a rusher, no doubt about it. Although I'm rather fond of setting claymore traps in unusual places. I prefer to detonate them remotely, as my claymore's seem to have this neon sign attached to them that only my teammates see that says "trip over me". I try to place them in a way where the claymore will be to the side or behind the victom.Occasionally, I'll get the sniper itch and set up with a SVD to pop off heads. But when you get down to it, I rush forward.I'm very objective oriented, so I'll often go for captures. I DO count capture points. My view is that this is a TEAM oriented game, and hitting those objectives are important to the TEAM. Therefore, any reward given to those hitting the objectives count in my book.I will add, that I do adore the close up fights (as reflected in my configs, using both the Sterling and Saiga. Just go wide open and aim for the face. Sprint away and reload, come back and empty another clip. (Thus noma being my second choice).However, my greatest satisfaction comes from pulling off a flank and ripping thru 2 or 3 enemies on one clip from behind.
  3. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I found myself a nice little hill just outside the airfield on Wake. I was picking peaple off in the airfield and the two neighboring outposts anytime they decided to hold still for anything One guy came back to the same spot to snipe THREE times before he gave up.At anyrate, I figured out most my problem is latency issues. I've got a friend who's gonna loan me the full version as well. I may end up requesting it as a Christmas present if I end up liking it in the end.
  4. Okay, here's the deal. Being a former member of a bunch of WW2 reenactors as well as generally interested in that period of history, coupled with my love of wargames, makes me naturally curious about this game.So I dl'd the demo.Once the "ooo and ahh" wore off, I got increasingly frustrated at what seemed to be inacurate weapons. Of course, my best pings to the demo servers seem to be a lousy 150, so some of it may be lag. However, unless I'm using an AE weapon, I can't seem to kill a dang thing. The weapons seem horribly inaccurate. Hell, even prone with a scoped K98 and I can't hit jack. I see dirt spring up two feet from where I'm aiming!This makes for a very frustrating game. It does me no good to beat the other guy to the trigger pull only to miss and get capped myself. The shot goes off.... but I'm the dead one.Is it bad network code? Are the guns really that bad? I need somebody who owned the full version of this game to offer me some insight on how this baby plays. Becausre right now, the only fun I'm having playing the demo is running AA.
  5. Just as well you didn't make it, so many of us showed up, half of us were sent home :DAnyway, glad to hear you all had fun.
  6. I recomend you keep both full installs for Steam and FA tho. You might have to reinstall steam after you install FA to get it to work right. Seems to be that way with most the games I've added since I got Steam up and running. Well, with the exception of Action HL, that one installed without any probs.
  7. I really don't think there's any need to expand. Focusing on one thing keeps you good at that one thing ;)However, if any of you can recomend a good DoD and NS server, both Steam powered, in the USA Southeast I can haunt while the TA server is filled (which seems to be alot), I'd be most grateful. I'm getting tired of playing CS when I'm taking a short break away from FA And, it would be great if it's a server one of you regulars actually play on. Before I got to know alot of the TA regulars, it was cool to have Soldier Of Misfortune around because he used to play on the same NS server as I did (which, unfortunatly, hasn't made the STEAM conversion yet)
  8. I'm one of those "hardcore" gamers, which is why I'm ranked 13 now. I love the system, I can see who I'm tangling with, who the big guns I need to shoot for are. I love it. (My top rival now seems to be Sling Blade. He and I are running neck to neck in kills and deaths running into each other)One underlooked thing about getting ranked, is medic points. Take the time to save the wounded bodies, help your teammates, call in the medivacs. Those count to your skill points as well.Not to mention, as was mentioned earlier... cap and cap some more. My ranking really started to shoot up as I started finding objectives and started blowing them up and as I made a more concerted effort to cap.
  9. Well done boss! Thanx!
  10. DeadRoach replied to SnOwCr4sH's topic in Main Hall
    Amazing how much storage space get's wasted on spam
  11. Oh good, I'm too lazy to do it myself.I'd like to have cartoony picture of a Roach holding a Saiga Shotgun.... with a rambo bandana and a bandolier full of shells.If you're feeling ambitious, try one with a Sterling too. Whatever you got time for ;)And see if you can fit [TA]-DeadRoach on it somewhere.
  12. Nice. Soon as I get my digital camera working, I'll show off my Mausser
  13. Most of the time, I don't have time to think and just spin around and spray a clip full of 9mm bullets from my sterling into the knifers face.However, if I see him coming, and I'm in a goofy mood, I'll whip out the knife and dual him... just for fun.
  14. DeadRoach replied to TheDynamo's topic in Main Hall
    I've only had one good ammobox kill... and it was completly by accident. I tossed a Stielhand over those boxes that shield that ammobox on oneside of the bunker area in Sandblast. I was rewarded with 4 ammobox kills in that instant.Everytime I've tried to do it on purpose tho, hasn't worked. Prolly because I'm usually carrying a Sterling.
  15. LOLI can easily picture one of my former bosses getting this thing and blasting us from behind his desk in the mail room.
  16. Depends, is it [TA]-Lister with the knife? If so... blue guy should just point that gun to his head and end it now.
  17. Hang in there, you too can have your language cleaned up as I have :)Happy fragging!
  18. I'm just curious how the ranking works. It's obviously not just a straight kill to death ratio as I'm now ranked 39th and I see alot of peaple with better ratio's than I below me. How am I getting a higher skill ranking? Is it all the time I spend being a medic on certain maps?
  19. Screw what peaple think, I'm an SVD user. Although I would rather like it if the rangefinder on the scope was usable... that would be cool. http://www.izhmash.udm.ru/arms/#2 Anyway, I do respect those who use the SSG and M82. There are times I break both out, and when I do, I tend to favor the M82 as the SSG doesn't seem to hit worth a dang unless your prone. For those of you who don't go to the official Firearms site, I picked up this link from there... it shows what an M82 is capable of. http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/video/
  20. Sometimes, the junk is just snuck onto your computer. I updated and ran Spybot again today and found about 2 dozen more pieces of spyware. About the only thing I've downloaded since the last time I did this was the UT3K, Unreal 2, FA and it's updates, and Steam. Gator, according to spybot, is sometimes snuck on your computers when you just visit a site that uses it.I have been doing alot of web surfing lately, mostly looking up guns and stuff. (got my 7X57 Mausser my dad's been holding, so I've been reviewing the care and maintence of firearms) So I guess I picked some of it up visiting sites.
  21. Spybot is the the best anti-spyware program I've run into. You can find it at http://spybot.eon.net.au/ It's totally free, unless you want to make a donation to the nice guy who came up with it. This bad boy took a nasty little bugger off my wife's computer that lavasoft's "Adaware" couldn't touch. As for how you got it, I can list a few of popular downloads that are bundled with spyware. Kazaa (Kazaa will need to be reinstalled often if you use spyware removal programs like myself and my wife do) Bonsai Buddy Comet Curser Gator (the password help program, not our CL!)
  22. I run a Radeon 9000 on a 98 system, and rarely have freezeups. I do, however, have the most recent Catalyst drivers from ATI. Can't hurt to have them if nothing else.
  23. DeadRoach replied to Wellsy's topic in Main Hall
    So this Irishman and Scotsman enter the bar, and the bartender says, "What is this, some kind of joke?".... sorry, couldn't resist.
  24. Marksmanship does indeed increase the firespeed of the Remmy. I just fired up marinebot and confirmed this. I shot the remmy without marks and counted seconds between shots. Takes Remmy little over a second to fire the second shot. With Marks I, it fired under a second. Marks II seemed to have less of a dramatic effect, but the gun fired pretty fast.Noma was cool on the remmy, didn't notice the guy loads 2 shells a pop when you have noma.At anyrate, you need to getyourself marks 2 and check the firespeed for yourself on the remmy, then see if it was just as fast as those guys you were seeing. As also mentioned, it could of been one of those dang Steam glitches we were seeing.
  25. Seriously. One computer for each kid. Right now I just got my wife and I's computers. AMD Athlon 1900+ and 2200+ respectivly, both running Radeon 9000's and Sound Blaster soundcards. We used to play MMoRPG's together, but I've kinda lost my interest in that kind of thing.She has a nice black high res moniter I found her refurbished for a sweet price. I used to have a 19" Mitsumi Diamond Pro for a moniter, also refurbished, but it died and I never got the warrenty for it. (A mistake I will never again make).My 3 and a half year old son loves playing little Flash games at Neopets. Figures out the dang things all by himself and plays halfway decent. I'm seriously pulling out my old computer (stripped down to a bare bones kit at this point) and getting it up and running from the old parts I still have for him to play on.Now we have another kid on the way due in March. Guess I got a few years before I have to find him/her a computer. *chuckle*

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.